Are mac users snobs?

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
From time spent on university campus' and also hanging around live music venues locally here in Austin and previously in Tampa Bay, Florida, I can vouch for that :)

I think just the impressionable ones are. The snobbish advertising that Apple has used for a decade now rubs off on those who are most susceptible to advertisements. To everyone else, a Mac just suits their needs and tastes and isn't necessarily a reflection of their personality.

It is true, however, that Mac users are more affluent. They are a class of people who are willing to shell out more money for a product that more or less serves the same functions. They are the same people that think it's a good idea to pay a $1.50 for a bottle of water, or pay $140 for a pair of jeans.

Last edited:

Mubbers

Shoot!
Political User
People who use Macs will always swear they are sooo much better than PCs.

A bit like people who use Mozilla Firefox.

Hang on I use Firefox!

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
I think just the impressionable ones are. The snobbish advertising that Apple has used for a decade now rubs off on those who are most susceptible to advertisements. To everyone else, a Mac just suits their needs and tastes and isn't necessarily a reflection of their personality.
Very true.

It is true, however, that Mac users are more affluent. They are a class of people who are willing to shell out more money for a product that more or less serves the same functions. They are the same people that think it's a good idea to pay a $1.50 for a bottle of water, or pay $140 for a pair of jeans.
Not at all true. I gladly use Macs and other Apple products, simply because I know I can both rely, and get on with them, however I'm very muchly a cheap-ass :D

falconguard

Carbon based lifeform
Political User
Not at all true. I gladly use Macs and other Apple products, simply because I know I can both rely, and get on with them, however I'm very muchly a cheap-ass :D
Maybe you are just the aberration to the client pool that Apple has for itself, after all there is always that 1%er:laugh::laugh:

X-Istence

Political User
Eh, whaaaa? I won't spend $140 for a pair of jeans. my Wrangler jeans are from target, $16 a pop.

All the t-shirts I own? Got them for free from conferences.

$1.50 for a bottle of water? Oh, I've spent more than that, but it has to be a gallon at least. I generally drink tap water (filtered off course)

Time is money, so if I spend time trying to get my computer to work, is it worth it to me? Or would I rather spend some more money up front to spend less time making it work, and thus having more time to work with it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut