Are Mac users smarter?

D

Device

Speaking of kicking in open doors....

All newcomers to the computer world are getting PC's (rightfully so) and not MAC's. The MAC users are MAC users because it's rooted in from years back. These are more experienced user than the average PC user, simply because much more people use a PC, not a MAC. It's simple statistics. Now if you take the group of computer users with equal experience and match the PC users of this group to an even amount of MAC users you will get quite different statistics.

Just wanted to have my say on this.

I was pretty much a Mac only user until XP. I still use my Macs on occassion.

I can concur from personal experience. My Mac-toting mates are -- by a fairly large margin -- better educated, and have better careers than my PC friends.

It's really not fair to compare hardware experience between the two legions, since a majority of Mac hardware is proprietary.

Macs are the traditional home of designers, that more Mac users are web savvy brings a big "Duh!" to my lips :)

OSX appears to be wowing the traditional PC techs away too.

hahaha. give me a break. it's not the computer who makes the user, it's the user who makes the computer.

Mac's will always have a place in the computer market, they will never disappear. And I do agree that the new MacOSX is impressive. I just wish that they didn't have hockey pucks for mice - I might use them more.

COBOL will never disappear either, that doesn't mean... ahh, nevermind =)

Ahh! COBOL! Die, COBOL, Die!

If there ever was a programing languare that needs to retire its COBOL.

I took two years of it, I don't mind it.

Macs=No games (well some, but not alot). Thus, I will never use a Mac. I also dislike the way they look...they're a bit fruity for my liking.

Actually, the math of the article makes no sense.

The ONLY reason that Mac users are better educated and have better careers than PC users is because it takes someone with a good education and career to even afford a Mac. PC users use a PC for reasons that essentially bow down to money. You can upgrade therefore you save money, you buy each piece of hardware separately therefore you spend less at once. I mean let's face it. If you can buy a PC for 399$ or one for 999$, which will you take if you're not rich?

If you're rich, you don't mind spending the extra dough. If you're average, you'd rather save.

Andre

I haven't used anything made by Apple since my Apple IIGS (1mHz machine) so I can't say that they are good or bad. However, I don't like the way they look. As TheNightMonkey said, they are 'fruity.'

I'd rather support Bill Gates and the PC industry.

Originally posted by catch23
eh..typo

=]

and that is not true. COBOL is great for batch processing and is still used by many businesses including large and small banks.

Cobol is a dastardly evil being, It is many lines long for a small output, avoid at all costs. It makes cherles manson look like softcore Barney.

'nuff said.

I doubt it will ever die completely, only because half the world still runs on it. But, you are right, most schools have stopped offering courses, but that just puts people like me in high demand.

Like the saying goes, "someone has to do it" and there will always have to be someone to do it.

All I have to say, read the front page.

I still have a stack of COBOL coding forms that I keep for no reason other than to humble me whenever I gripe about whatever flashy IDE I'm using at the time.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back