Are M$ tracking me???

brummie

OSNN Addict
Hi peeps!

Can anyone tell me why My XP is constantly trying to connect with M$ servers? It taking up alot of bandwith and destroying my online gaming :(

Please help me, details follow (well one of the events anyhow!).

10/02/2002 00:01:57 Blocked TCP Outgoing download.microsoft.com 212.124.226.15 80 81.86.216.*** 3278 C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe 6 10/02/2002 00:00:04 10/02/2002 00:00:55 GUI%GUICONFIG#SRULE@APPCONFIG-TCP#C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe

% This is the RIPE Whois server.
% The objects are in RPSL format.
% Please visit http://www.ripe.net/rpsl for more information.
% Rights restricted by copyright.
% See http://www.ripe.net/ripencc/pub-services/db/copyright.html

inetnum: 213.199.144.0 - 213.199.159.255
netname: MSFT-IDC
descr: Microsoft London Internet Data Center
descr: Distribution of Microsoft content
descr: London
admin-c: BR329-ARIN
tech-c: JMS95-RIPE
mnt-by: RIPE-NCC-NONE-MNT
changed: judithsh@microsoft.com 20010419
source: RIPE

route: 213.199.144.0/20
descr: Microsoft European IDCs
origin: AS8068
notify: peering@microsoft.com
mnt-by: MICROSOFT-MAINT
changed: cnielsen@microsoft.com 20020419

person: Bharat Ranjan
address: Microsoft Limited
address: 10 Great Pulteney Street
address: London, W1F 9NB
address: UK
phone: +44 7703 405 100
fax-no: +1 (425) 936 7329
nic-hdl: BR329-ARIN
changed: bharatr@microsoft.com 20020516

person: Judith Shenk
address: Microsoft Corporation
address: One Microsoft Way
address: Redmond, WA
address: USA
phone: +1 425-703-7384
fax-no: +1 425-936-7329
e-mail: judithsh@microsoft.com
nic-hdl: JMS95-RIPE
notify: judithsh@microsoft.com
changed: judithsh@microsoft.com 20000411

Do you have automatic upgrade enabled or anything of the sort?

beware, BILL GATES is watching your ass.

but yea check that auto update thing

Everything is disabled, thats the first thing i did on a clean install!!

Even disabled every none necessary services like scheduled service to see if that was it, but it still happens.

I've gone over evrything and everything again!

no other idea's?

Cant wait till Fujitsu pull their finger out their ar*e and finish their bloody linux driver for this FDX310.

brummie.....

yes microsoft are tracing your every move hehehe :D billy boy just wants to see wht p0rn you are looking @ lol

if you got SP1 installed check again autoupdate is disabled in both system properties and control panel. SP1 restores autoupdate back separately with a control panel admin UI... even if you see it's disabled in system properties.
Also trash any MSN gaming zone and messenger... media player also checks updates frequently if you have instructed it to.

This all checked after SP1 is put on!!
Cant find the Auto update in Control Panel when logged on as Administrator.
Also i have media player uninstalled but i need messenger, which i cant see being the problem anyhow.

any thing else i may have missed?

Do you happen to have RealPlayer Installed

If so, check out all the auto-update things there

Worked it out (atlast)!

Its Messenger, its trying to give out some iformation, but im not sure what it is. The firewall is blocking this so it is not anything it should be doing thats for certain!

No-one else experiencing this?

Last week I had a box continually popping up wanting me to get a passport or something like that. I thought it was not going to stop. I've noticed since installing sp1 that every now & then zone alarm will pop up asking whether IE can connect to the net. I have to click about three boxes. If I don't IE will not work till I close & open it. Still don't know what is going on.

You should get rid of Zone Alarm. There are plenty of other free firewalls to choose from. Try Sygate, its way better than Zone Alarm IMHO!!

It is Microsoft’s stated intention to perform all (new) and updated software purchases via the Internet via a licence agreement. This means that you won’t have to purchase software form a shop but download it from their site. You will have to pay an annual or monthly fee for this privilege and there will be no other way of obtaining their software.

The security to enable this will be in a redefinition of the PC platform; from your keyboard to your monitor they will all have to be compliant with this standard.

This is not necessarily a bad thing as it will enable you to use (say) Visio for a few weeks for a fraction of the price you would have to pay for it otherwise. The downside is that Office applications are going to cost a small fortune to corporate users, probably one of the reasons that the implementation of this technology is slipping backwards in time, currently slated for (2005).

If you use Ms$ products and internet..
of course Ms is keeping a tag on you..

Did you observe the windows update display.. scanning....

Now you are done !

if you want to see who's connected to your computer and have this real need to be completly paranoid... click start then click run and type cmd hit enter... now in the command windows type netstat -a then hit enter.... give it a few seconds and you will see all the current connections to your computer... fun huh
errrr.gif

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back