Are floppy drives optional?

• Thread starter ogremagedwarf
  • Start date
O

ogremagedwarf

Hey guys, I just have a quick question. I'm getting a new case and power supply shortly, and I was wondring, if you don't want to use a 3.5" floppy drive, will Windows XP be okay with that? I know that some companies are shipping computers without floppy drives, and I'd like to not use one if Windows will let me. It has sat in my computer for years and done nothing.

fine i dont have a floppy. just remember to disable it in BIOS

Yup, my laptop doesn't include a floppy drive either. Windows doesn't have any problems with that :)

I haven't had a floppy in the last three computers I built. I hate them a lot. :p I can write data faster with a pencil and paper.

With bootable CDs and CD-R and CD-RW media as cheap as floppy disks, the old 3 1/2 floppy disk drive is obsolete. I don't have one on my Gateway laptop that has XP Pro, nor will I get one with my next PC purchase.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back