Are Apple users dumb ?

delta4s

BLACK HAWK ALOFT
I'm asking that very question after reading this webpage:

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=86816-en

How to pick up and carry your iMac G5
Don't know how to pick up and carry your iMac G5? It's easy.

Before moving your computer, make sure all cables and cords are disconnected.
Pick up the iMac G5 by grasping both sides of the computer. Carry it to wherever you wish.

WTF !

20020712l.gif

Apologies to Speedy_B

Seen that Apple documentation question before. It was really weird...sort of like the "Where's the 'any' key on the keyboard" question in the Compaq knowledge-base. :p

Hahah...first time I'm seeing that comic though, and that is so damn true :D (with some exceptions, of course)

lol, i thought that any key thing was a joke, but i had to expect that it wasnt lol thanks netryder for actually clearing that up

Carry it to wherever you wish.

is this true?

if a person owns a mac, they can carry it to wherever they wish?

I have t' get one just for this feature...it is an excellant concept.

before I do, let me ask, if that cherry os emulation is true and I install that cherry os...will I then be able to use tis feature even though I have a pc laptop?

perris said:
is this true?

if a person owns a mac, they can carry it to wherever they wish?

I have t' get one just for this feature...it is an excellant conpept.
The iMac G5 is an all-in-one machine, so there's no separate monitor and tower like the PowerMacs or most x86 desktops. So technically, you should be able to pick it up and carry it to wherever you wish, although it's not intended to be portable in the same sense as a notebook.

before I do, let me ask, if that cherry os emulation is true and I install that cherry os...will I then be able to use tis feature even though I have a pc laptop?
I wouldn't keep my hopes up on CherryOS. :p

but if that cherry os happens to be legitimate, then, I should be able to dualboot my pc laptop...boot into the cherry mac emulation, and then invoke the "carry wherever you wish" feature...is this not true?

perris said:
but if that cherry os happens to be legitimate, then, I should be able to dualboot my pc laptop...boot into the cherry mac emulation, and then invoke the "carry wherever you wish" feature...is this not true?
Yep, with one small difference - it won't be dual-boot, since CherryOS (if it even exists) is a PowerPC emulator that runs within Windows. But yeah, you'll still be able to use the 'carry wherever you wish' feature. :D

good...I really don't want to spend more money then I have to for that feature...thanx for the info

delta gets rep points for this very instructional information

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back