are 802.11a access points and cards compatible with 802.11b

J

jkoXP

i was thinking about getting the 802.11a access point, and was wondering, we have a laptop that has an 802.11b card, and they cant just get in .a card, becuase need the 802.11b card for when they are at college.,

im new when it comes to wireles.. thanks for the info!

i want to know if 802.11a access points are backwards compatible with the 802.11b standard..?

also, i was wondering if the 802.11b cards would be able to access the 802.11a access points (i know they wouldbt be able to acheive the speeds of a standard)

ah...unless what I read about these a few months ago has changed, they are not backward compatible...but that information is about 6 months old, so I'll wait to find out definitively also.

I'd go on google, and search, cuz I would like to know also, but I have alot to do today.

why don't you search the b on google, and if you find the answer, before someone else gives it to you, make sure you come back

thanxand post for the rest of us

hmm, pretty much what I found and heard from co-workers its not...thats too bad.. :(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back