Arctic Silver Thermal Compound

L

lilsnoop40

What is the difference between Arctic Silver 1, 2, and 3 Thermal Compound. And if i get and use any of these what one should i get and will it make a difference compared to the one that came with my intel 1.7gh?

Arctic Silver 3 is now meant to have 70% more silver by weight than 2 and does not contain any silicone.

Go here for a read: http://www.arcticsilver.com/as3.htm

I use Arctic Silver 2 and have found that temps have dropped around 4c in normal mode and up to 12c while playing games. I have a P4 2GHz cpu and a standard heatsink.

On my other computer, a Plll 1GHz, I have a copper heatsink with a 70mm fan with Arctic Silver 2 and temps have dropped by 6c normal up to 15c while playing games.

Hope this helps.

Artic3 is of course better being 3... :D...
It (3) takes awhile to settle until it give really good numbers...

Remember using any ArticSilver that is DOES CONDUCT electricity!!!

You must be very careful applying it or you may short your processor...
If this concerns you use Artic Alumina...

I use three, great stuff, CPU is 15 degrees coller now

Great info guys I really need to order some of this stuff. My friend swears by it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back