Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 pro

Steevo

Spammer representing.
Political Access
Finally getting it for my system, it should quiet the whole system down. And as soon as I get my hands on a gig or two of DDR500 I will be able to OC summore.

A write up will follow on install and performance.

Wow, DDR500, that's pretty fast dude.

Do you OC everything in your rig - CPU/GPU/RAM?

quite a few of us already have an AC Freezer 64 Pro (Sazar and myself included). in my mind, it's a pretty good cooler. when you get it, don't expect much of a temperature drop (if any) after installing it, because it's not supposed to drop temperature, just keep it down.

kcnychief said:
Wow, DDR500, that's pretty fast dude.

Do you OC everything in your rig - CPU/GPU/RAM?

Yep.

2.4 4000+ at 2.88 stable.
ATI X1800XT at 710-820 stable.

mmhmm, makes me want to start reading up on over clocking. I could probably get my 4400 over 3.0 :s

riiiiiiight...... forgot i wanted to try to OC my 3700+ a tad more. right now it's at 2.4 from it's stock 2.2 (auto 10% OC from the mobo BIOS).

oh, and like i said with the "keeping the temp down"..... the 200mhz increase didn't make a dent in idle or load temp really.... maybe 1 or 2 degrees at MOST.

Just installed mine, had to lapp the bottom surface. AC5, clipped in easily, cept the clip being on the wrong side of the board....

Fits nice, all I had to do was remove the extender part of the upper cooling duct that just snaps in to make it fit my Antec 1050B case.

Running F@H now letting it set into the AC. 95F with a case temp of 77F.

u should really do stuff in Celcius more often...... saw 95 and i thought "HOLY HELL YOU DID SOMETHIN WRONG!". lol.

and you CAN turn the cooler. jus gotta basically take the mounting bracket that's on the cooler apart (the one screw that's in the latch is all), but have to make sure you know EXACTLY how everything was put in there. i honestly didn't mind having to take my PSU partially out in order to have enough hand room to snap it down.

I have my AC Freezer 64 pointing towards the back of my case, so that the air from the fan also passes through the little passive heatsink/heapipe cooler for the chipset, and then i have a 120mm fan in place of the 92mm fan that used to be in the back of my case pulling the air out. think this is the only time i've ever had a setup where my CPU and chipset are usually around 4 degrees apart from each other. right now my CPU is at 31C, and my chipset is at 35C.

28C

Same as the case temp.

Just got a machine check exception, but that I believe is from the RAM and the tight timings I have on it with a overclock.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back