Apsi and CD-RW

M

MikeTasker

I had a little problem a while back and I know several other people had the same issue too. When I installed Windows XP I also installed the latest aspi drives for my CD-RW. I later discovered that my DVD Drive wouldn’t read R-W media. I then noticed I couldn’t do a CD to CD copy, either “on the fly” or by making an image on my HDD with CloneCD.

Now I know I’m going to get the usual stuff here about IDE cables etc. but everything worked fine with Win98se and nothing has changed since then.

What I did find was that when I removed the aspi layer I could read R-W CD’s in my DVD drive. I could also use CloneCD and do a copy “on the fly.” What I did find out however is I cannot rip CD’s with Audiograbber (well I can wile it plays the damn thing) but with the aspi installed I can rip at 40x and above.

So is there anything to patch these issues up, if you’re having problems with copying CD’s just remove the aspi file and see if it works then. If there is more than just me with this problem maybe a solution will be found.

Got problem too

Well, I can at least make copies of cd's that workes fine. I can use my cd using fireburner making isos and stuffs. I have installed winoncd for my cd burner sony crx160e but now when I try to start it, it says

"Error retrieving SCSI/IDE bus information No SCSI adapter found."

I find this very strange since it had worked properly a while ago. Every time I now start up my computer I get a diolouge box which says that som drivers has been blocked and this program could be the reason why,

Windows media player.

I have noticed you can burn cd's in the new updated version which i have got. But before had It everything worked just fine. I think that windows media player loads drivers so you can burn cds with media player but then windows blocks the drivers for winoncd.

I have no idea about what to since I dont know how to uninstall media player. (have looked in control panel)

So does anyone know what I can do make my winoncd work?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back