April 2006 Desktop Screenshots

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to find a new amazing theme, there are alright ones, but there are always some small details I don't like about them, and I always go back to hmmxp or plain old xp theme.

Kol, make a new one!@!!!

madmatt said:
Yahoo! Widget Engine v3.1.1

http://widgets.yahoo.com

Days after the release of v3.1; v3.1.1 has come out.
Looks like it fixes a couple of internationalization issues:
* Fixed an issue that caused Widgets whose actual character encoding didn't match their stated character encoding to fail to load.
* Fixed issues with the Debug Window when running on Korean language systems.
I think I'll skip over this one. :)

Hehehe..... Just updated.. Seems no diffirent then 3.1.. Hey!! I thought this was the desktop thread?.. :D

Time for a touch of Linux gold!

GTK: Gold Rush (a custom theme I made with the ClearLooks 2 engine), I might release it on Gnome-Look
Wallpaper: Golden Gnome Wave
Firefox: Firefox Tango
Icons: Human (the new Ubuntu 6.06 icons), with a modded computer icon to match the theme I made better
Metacity: Compiz Express (made by me, get it on Gnome-Look today!)
Compositing Manager: Metacity/AIGLX

I've also got AIGLX running in this screenshot just for show, I never use it for everyday usage because my Graphics Card is right at the minimum for system requirements, so I just thought it looked good enough to be featured in this, with all these people showing off their precious XGL and Compiz!

Im new here but thys is my desktop

[edit]
Post edited. Please use the attachment feature for larger images instead of hotlinking them. Thank you.

Attachments

• deskbday2yg.jpg
    deskbday2yg.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 127
Last edited by a moderator:
here is mine now.

Attachments

• deskya.JPG
    deskya.JPG
    122.1 KB · Views: 126
not as bad as your myspace page and the fact you use myspace :p

*runs and hides*

Not really a burn at all, I like myspace as it's a good way to stay in touch with people. As they say in the hood, "don't hate me cuz you ain't me" :p

As an aside, I took the layout off. Not because of what you said, but it loaded slow and the text was hard to read. I kept the song though because I love that jam right now and it gives me the chance to hear it at work :cool:

kcnychief said:
Not really a burn at all, I like myspace as it's a good way to stay in touch with people. As they say in the hood, "don't hate me cuz you ain't me" :p

As I said before, much better ways to keep in touch with people

+-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-+

+-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-+​

bobsalot said:
well spotted. You sure do have a sharp eye for spotting things.
Thanks for the compliment, but I'm really just nosey and like to look at what programs/icons people have in these screenshots :p :s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back