• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Apply a home directory to an entire group?

illmaticone

OSNN Junior Addict
i have a group with about 1000 users, when they were generated they werent assigned a home directory,

my goal is to assign them a home directory (using the %username% variable of course) to the entire group.

thanks for your time!

madmatt

Bow Down to the King
Political User
If you highlight all the users you want, then right click and choose properties, you will be able to fill in certain fields using variables.

i.e. \\server\%username%$

madmatt

Bow Down to the King
Political User
What I normally do is create a shared directory for each user under another directory.

E.g.
D:\Home Directories\matt$
D:\Home Directories\punk$

The directory 'matt' is shared out, privately. The same goes for 'punk'.

Then, I use '\\server\%username%$'.

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
But if you created it my way with the permission on the folder being shared as creator/owner full control on anything created and modify for your users on that shared folder only it should autocreate those folders with teh correct permissions.

Just curious as that is how I do it, let it do it itself, was just making sure I hadn't missed something.

madmatt

Bow Down to the King
Political User
Honestly, that makes sense but I have never done it that way. I will give it a try on my next project because it would be easier.

illmaticone

OSNN Junior Addict
thanks for the quick responses!! in my case the folders are already generated and polices are set, just the home directory was not configured for all.

thanks this worked just as i expected!

Electronic Punk - glad to see your still around, (i remember u since xperience.org)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies