Application - Winfox (Firefox Jump lists)

indyjones

OSNN.net Adventurer
Found this today: Winfox

If you have Windows 7 and Mozilla Firefox 3.1 beta (or the upcoming Firefox 3.5), then you should know about Winfox. Winfox allows you to use those new super cool taskbar features built-in to the Jumplists with Firefox. I’m sure you know how Internet Explorer in Windows 7 lets you access your frequently used sites and tasks with just a right click of the taskbar, right? With Winfox, you can do the same with Firefox. Pin frequently used sites, get your top visited sites, and easy access to launching Firefox from the taskbar. You can get the number of open tabs and easily view your download progress straight from the taskbar. You can even drag a page from your favorites or navigation toolbar (by dragging the favicon) within Firefox to pin it to the taskbar! With Winfox, Windows 7 just got more personal for Firefox.

Requirements:

• Windows 7 (32 bit or 64 bit, run the extractor based on your processor architecture)
  • At least Mozilla Firefox 3.0
Note: Winfox must be running to update your top sites. Firefox extension installation required to get tab count and progress bar overlays.
Tips: Pin Winfox to your taskbar to utilize easy launch and access to your Firefox Jumplist.
If you have a suggestion or bug to report, please leave a comment on this post. Thanks!

Features:

• Frequent Items support
  • Tasks support
  • Pin support
  • Auto-detection of the Firefox directory and user profile
  • FavIcon support (downloads top fifteen favicons to your Firefox Cache directory)
  • Launch Firefox by clicking on the Winfox icon
  • Linking of all open Firefox windows – Sets all Firefox windows to use Winfox (only if Winfox is running)
  • Taskbar progress overlay when downloading files
  • Number of open tabs illustrated using a taskbar icon overlay
  • Multiple Firefox profile support
  • Play around, I’m sure you’ll find more.

Seems really good so far I am running the X64 build.

I ran it a few months ago, thanks Lifehacker.

I ended up uninstalling it because it seemed to run to instances of Firefox, or something to that effect, I forget. Though even though it's uninstalled, I still have those awesome jump lists :)

I love this. Hopefully Firefox just builds this functionality in.

yeah, i hope they do it in 3.6

they're already plannin to improve the OS integration (vista/7), so, who knows :]

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back