News Apple's White iPhone 4 Delayed Yet Again, Not Coming Until Spring '11

Will launch in Spring 2011

When Apple launched its iPhone 4 earlier this summer, the phone was supposed to be available in both black and white variants. Black models started shipping right away, while there was supposed to be a slight delay for the white models.

As time went on, however, Apple began to waver a bit when it came to a definite shipping time for the white iPhone. In late July, the company issued the following statement:

White models of Apple's new iPhone 4 have continued to be more challenging to manufacture than we originally expected, and as a result they will not be available until later this year. The availability of the more popular iPhone 4 black models is not affected.

Now it appears that the white iPhone 4 is going to be delayed even further -- until Spring 2011. John Paczkowski of the Wall Street Journal's Digital Daily says that he received official confirmation from Apple about the prolonged delay.

There has been plenty of speculation as to why the white iPhone has been delayed, but the general consensus is that Apple (actually, Steve Jobs) is so obsessed with perfection that the paint thickness/color matching on the white iPhone 4 has not been up to par. Specifically, Apple manufacturing partners are having problems matching the specific shade of white on the front of the phone with the white Home button according to Pocket-lint.

However, the question remains, will people even care anymore by the time Spring 2011 rolls around? Everyone who wanted an iPhone 4 is likely to have one by that point and the inevitable iPhone 5/iPhone 4G will be right around the corner.

Source
Apple Delays White iPhone 4 Till Next Year | John Paczkowski | Digital Daily | AllThingsD

I'm sure that when Spring 2011 rolls around and the white iPhone is finally available there will be people that will want the white one instead of the black iPhone.

Apple sold millions of iPhone's this year alone, I don't see that stopping anytime soon.

Rumor has it that the hold up has to do with light/color bleeding with photos on the white version. Unless they come up with a fix soon (haven't yet) I wouldn't count on a white iPhone till version 5 when a possible redesign makes this a non-issue.

Rumor has it that the hold up has to do with light/color bleeding with photos on the white version. Unless they come up with a fix soon (haven't yet) I wouldn't count on a white iPhone till version 5 when a possible redesign makes this a non-issue.

They can't get the color to match properly. The last I checked it was the home button and the front of the phone .. I don't believe that for second, though. I think it has to do with some sort of hardware issue, like the antenna again ..

They can't get the color to match properly. The last I checked it was the home button and the front of the phone .. I don't believe that for second, though. I think it has to do with some sort of hardware issue, like the antenna again ..

Nah, the Antenna won't be fixed, and I don't for a second believe it has to do with colour issues.

No, this is more likely the light bleeding issue which was reported when this first happened.

P
Apple's customers tend to have high expectations of the company. Usually apple meets or exceeds our expectations, but, occasionally, they fall short. This white iPhone 4 is a perfect example.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apple's customers tend to have high expectations of the company. Usually apple meets or exceeds our expectations, but, occasionally, they fall short. This white iPhone 4 is a perfect example.

You didn't say example of what way. I think if they had released it knowing it had issues (beyond the antenna) then they would have been falling short. I think this is a great example of Apple holding something back that just doesn't fit in line with the quality that Apple normally produces.

You know since there is that rumor of the Iphone going to Verizon, which is highly possible since they carry the Ipad that this whole issue could be because the rumors of the Iphone on Verizon are true and this is color they get.

I think in this case whatever reason its a good thing as hopefully they could be fixing issues like the antenna and any others that have been reported

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back