Apple just pissed the **** out of me (Waste 10 min of time!)

Kush

High On Life!
my friend gave me money to buy him an ipod online (different than the friend im selling an ipod for) and we looked at it and calculated how much it would cost and everything, he gave me the cash i put it on my account alls well, until i actually buy the thing with my visa, everything went trhough ok, but thats not what pissed me off, first of all they have false advertising, it says free shipping 1-3days, turns out when u are about to buy it, it shows that thats when it will be sent out not arrive, and then an additional 8-12 days, so i picked the faster method for 15 dollars, 3-6 days, because my friend is leaving by the 17th, then after i buy it, and they check my visa, they say "Please note that your order subtotal does not include applicable sales tax or rebates. Sales tax, if applicable, will be added when your order is processed." wtf is this they never said that before, i didnt agree to that, why didnt i just buy it on ebay then? what can i do about this, if i get charged tax im ganna flip ****, because they didnt mention it before, and id rather cancel it then and buy it from ebay with no taxes! help. im ganna call apple when they open to yell at them, they better not charge me anything

Re: Apple just pissed the **** out of me

So where did Apple do something wrong?

first with the shipping throwing me off, then i never had to pay taxes online before, and they dont say anywhere that i will have to, but only after they got my credit card info, im going to call them on and make sure i either dont get charged taxes, or i dont buy the ipod simple as that, what they do is unfair and just wrong, just to get money, i thought apple was a company that cared, but now i just saw that they too pull things like this

themafia.69 said:
first with the shipping throwing me off, then i never had to pay taxes online before, and they dont say anywhere that i will have to, but only after they got my credit card info, im going to call them on and make sure i either dont get charged taxes, or i dont buy the ipod simple as that, what they do is unfair and just wrong, just to get money, i thought apple was a company that cared, but now i just saw that they too pull things like this

They can only charges taxes after they get your credit card info, as they have your zip code and address. If you are in one of the states that has an Apple warehouse you will get charged tax, some are lucky that they don't get charged tax. You should have known this.

Since you are in Canada, you will get to pay tax as well, also that stupid don't burn or copy CD tax thingie you guys also have. Your own fault for not researching. As for shipping, that is standard as well. Newegg says 3 - 5 days as well, that is sometimes how long it can take for them to get it from their warehouse, pack it all up, and get it sent out. It is well known, complaining because of that is not a valid reason. A 1-3 days shipping turn around would be awesome, however it would totally not be possible. Also, shippage time gets calculated at the time of your order, to check what the fastest warehouse is, and how backlogged they are with orders in the first place.

BTW, charging you tax is not something Apple does to get money, it is something they are required to do by your government to pay for things like healthcare and other such neat stuff. Blame your government for charging Apple tax in the first place.

Get the iPod off ebay if you don't want to be taxed, but be quick, if the seller is in the US, they might have to start charging you sales tax as well because they are an online "shop", with the bill being passed through the house/senate right at this moment.

Sorry, but this is just a shoulda done your research experience, and go complain to your government about the tax.

themafia.69 said:
my friend gave me money to buy him an ipod online (different than the friend im selling an ipod for) and we looked at it and calculated how much it would cost and everything, he gave me the cash i put it on my account alls well, until i actually buy the thing with my visa, everything went trhough ok, but thats not what pissed me off, first of all they have false advertising, it says free shipping 1-3days, turns out when u are about to buy it, it shows that thats when it will be sent out not arrive, and then an additional 8-12 days, so i picked the faster method for 15 dollars, 3-6 days, because my friend is leaving by the 17th, then after i buy it, and they check my visa, they say "Please note that your order subtotal does not include applicable sales tax or rebates. Sales tax, if applicable, will be added when your order is processed." wtf is this they never said that before, i didnt agree to that, why didnt i just buy it on ebay then? what can i do about this, if i get charged tax im ganna flip ****, because they didnt mention it before, and id rather cancel it then and buy it from ebay with no taxes! help. im ganna call apple when they open to yell at them, they better not charge me anything

I am with the others here. Where did apple do false advertising?

With the shipping, they are simply estimating the time it will take to fulfill the order, hence the estimated ship time for the product to leave their facilities == 1-2 business days. Actual shipping time can vary. This is not false advertising and is standard operating procedure on vendor sites.

Keep in mind, no company that charges taxes actually makes any money off of the taxes so it is not the fault of that entity. It goes directly to a state or in this case, perhaps canada. Blame canada.

The more you know, brought to you by the happy folks at OSNN.

:cool:

Ordering so close to christmas is likely to increas shipping time due to the rush of orders they'll be getting.

Tax is one of the two things in life you are guarenteed to get, the other is death, live with it.

well they should say that i will be charged taxes, not just keep it a secret until i am paying for it.if they would have told me from before then i would of been ok with it

The whole tax thing might be weird for you, but you'll get used to it. It used to throw me off as well. But every company does it, not just Apple.

You go buy a sandwhich, you pay tax. You go buy clothes, you pay tax. You buy anything, tax, tax, tax.

But no one ever includes tax in the price.

Sazar said:
I am with the others here. Where did apple do false advertising?

With the shipping, they are simply estimating the time it will take to fulfill the order, hence the estimated ship time for the product to leave their facilities == 1-2 business days. Actual shipping time can vary. This is not false advertising and is standard operating procedure on vendor sites.

Keep in mind, no company that charges taxes actually makes any money off of the taxes so it is not the fault of that entity. It goes directly to a state or in this case, perhaps canada. Blame canada.

The more you know, brought to you by the happy folks at OSNN.

:cool:
well how was it false? because it lead me to believe that shipping is 1-3 days and free. thats being false, it didntt say on the fron page, that it would be sent out in one to 3 days, it says "Shipping:1-3 days" when i read that that makes me believe i will have it in my had in 1-3 days

Grandmaster said:
The whole tax thing might be weird for you, but you'll get used to it. It used to throw me off as well. But every company does it, not just Apple.

You go buy a sandwhich, you pay tax. You go buy clothes, you pay tax. You buy anything, tax, tax, tax.

But no one ever includes tax in the price.
Threw me off when I bought my iBook in the U.S., but like you say, it's not like it was an Apple-Tax... so I just accepted it. :D :)

X-Istence said:
They can only charges taxes after they get your credit card info, as they have your zip code and address. If you are in one of the states that has an Apple warehouse you will get charged tax, some are lucky that they don't get charged tax. You should have known this.

Since you are in Canada, you will get to pay tax as well, also that stupid don't burn or copy CD tax thingie you guys also have. Your own fault for not researching. As for shipping, that is standard as well. Newegg says 3 - 5 days as well, that is sometimes how long it can take for them to get it from their warehouse, pack it all up, and get it sent out. It is well known, complaining because of that is not a valid reason. A 1-3 days shipping turn around would be awesome, however it would totally not be possible. Also, shippage time gets calculated at the time of your order, to check what the fastest warehouse is, and how backlogged they are with orders in the first place.

BTW, charging you tax is not something Apple does to get money, it is something they are required to do by your government to pay for things like healthcare and other such neat stuff. Blame your government for charging Apple tax in the first place.

Get the iPod off ebay if you don't want to be taxed, but be quick, if the seller is in the US, they might have to start charging you sales tax as well because they are an online "shop", with the bill being passed through the house/senate right at this moment.

Sorry, but this is just a shoulda done your research experience, and go complain to your government about the tax.

LMAO

That CD tax makes it legal for us to burn/copy. Easy on calling it dumb. ;)

It's just sales tax. not 'apple tax' ... rofl

Mafia has a point. On the site it should have a disclaimer ---- or warning - about local sales taxes or such.

^ Well I skipped his post after reading the first paragraph, but yeah dude, don't diss that tax. It's why Canadians can legally use P2P.

no no im not pissed about the tax, whatever im over that, im pissed that they didnt tell me before they had my credit card info, i called and complained and told them they should include it on the ipod page before you pay, that you might get charged taxes, and also that the free shipping is not 1-3 days in actual when its 8-12 after the 1-3 days, just mis leading info to sell more. she filled it and hopefully they listen to my complaint. i dont care about the tax, i pay tax all the time on every lil peace of gum i buy here, its annoying but i know its there, just didnt know about the apple one

BTW mafia, being a foreign student (I'm guessing??) you can reclaim every single cent of GST/OST

yeah i heard about that, how do i do that

good thing i have all my reciepts for everything

themafia.69 said:
well how was it false? because it lead me to believe that shipping is 1-3 days and free. thats being false, it didntt say on the fron page, that it would be sent out in one to 3 days, it says "Shipping:1-3 days" when i read that that makes me believe i will have it in my had in 1-3 days

I see what you are saying but at the same time, read the details about the item before buying.

That is YOUR obligation. Apple is under no obligation to waste space explaining stuff that should theoretically be common sense, no offense.

there was nothing that said taxable

Like I said...it goes without saying over here.

well they have to consider everyone, not just people who know that, and this is the only online shop i have been charged taxes, so it doesnt really go without saying

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back