Apple iTunes + Vista

Geffy

OSNN Veteran Addict
Can anyone confirm the recent information that Apples iTunes music player has some issues with playback on Vista?

I'm just wondering how bad they are really, and mainly because I just read this.

Well Quicktime seems to work fine, I won't go as far as to put iTunes on my machine.

A bit lazy on Apples part really I feel?

i've had no problems with iTunes as a music player (playing unprotected mp3s) on vista business. Haven't tried to synch with an ipod, playing m4p protected music, or doing anything with the iTunes store yet.

I have synced with my iPod and haven't had any issues, won't touch that "patch" until their next release is out.

Yeah and here I was waiting for Apple to say "Quick run out and buy Vista" I mean how upset I am to hear this that Apple is not telling me to buy from Microsoft, I really just was not expecting this at all !!!

Apple has published a guide for installing iTunes on a Windows Vista system. While Apple encourages users to wait "a few weeks" until the next version of iTunes becomes available which will be fully Vista compliant, the guide will help those who wish to install iTunes 7.0.2 until the new version is available.

iTunes Guide

I've installed iTunes on Vista Home Premium, with no problems as long as nothing else is running. If I open anything else the playback skips at times.

This is my first post to these forums...you people all rock! The info here is great - many thanks..

Greg

Welcome, Greg -- glad that it's working out for you. :)

I can't get iTunes to recognize my burner if I want to make cd's. Both on my 64 bit and my 32 bit machine.

i had no issues, but that stupid itunes fix they put out f'd it all up...the updated itunes reset all my settings and i lost all my playlists which pissed me off...and i still get this stupid error...and i never even set a mode to it...

Attachments

• itunes.jpg
    itunes.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 102
I've installed iTunes on Vista Home Premium, with no problems as long as nothing else is running. If I open anything else the playback skips at times.

This is my first post to these forums...you people all rock! The info here is great - many thanks..

Greg

Yah, we do kinda rock :cool:

And welcome :)

I just installed the updated version 7.1

I have noticed that the Cover Flow (not fullscreen) is slow as hell. It never used to be. Is this a change on purpose, or a bug?

What's the full-screen thing about? I've never seen a full-screen option?

Also, I read in the notes that the cover-flow (not fullscreen) is slow at the moment due to a bug which will be ironed out soon. When the cover-flow thing was first released I remember it being slow on XP but then the update which came out a couple of weeks later sped it up tremendously. It's always gonna be a bit slow on mine though, it's got about 600 covers to go through!

If you go to Cover Flow mode in the new 7.1, there is a button to press that makes it fullscreen, as in the full computer screen.

Cool I'll check it out!

EDIT: You were right! That is cool!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back