App Killing Script or batch file???

baser5nature

OSNN Addict
How would i create a vbscript or batch file to kill a bunch of things i have running like cursorxp, samurize, mbm, and a few others...?

Basically i'd like to kill these apps and services before i head into a game... then when i'm done playin start 'em up again...

maybe there's a good resource somewhere out there for stuff like this... or maybe there's a program that will let me set configurations for killing groups of apps or services... i've tried appswat and kill but they don't cut it...IMO...

any hints... ???

thanks...

From the Windows 2000/XP Support Tools (support.cab on the CD)Extract kill.exe, this terminates processes from the command line.

Then create a batch file calling kill.exe for each process in turn.

Should not be too hard :)

You use AutoIt and make a script the will kill all the programs that you want, then run them all again when you exit the game.

Here's a link for the Yahoo group if you need help.

autoit can only close visible windows... i want to kill services and background apps...

looks like the command line "taskkill" should do the trick, now i just have to learn how to write a batch file... i've heard they're pretty easy...

it works great now... one batch file to close everything before i go into games, and one batch file to open them all back up when i come out of games... had some trouble figuring out short foldernames considering i've got 4 folders that start with "microsoft"...

i could probably do it with one batch file and some if statements, but it works so i'm happy...

now i'm taking 42 processes down to 28 before i start a game... yay...

Dear Zipopteryxicalanon...

here is an exact excerpt from the AutoIt help file...
Q #1: Is it possible to send keystrokes to invisible windows with AutoIt?
---------------------------------------------------------------------
A #1: No

if you can tell me how i would close a program like the Messenger Plus! 2 extension which has no visible window using either the winclose, or winwaitclose, or winkill commands in AutoIt please do so...

...however i think it's much easier to use the taskkill command in a batchfile now that i figured that out...

Originally posted by baser5nature
Zipopteryxicalanon...
You must not be able to read correctly. :rolleyes:

if you can tell me how i would close a program like the Messenger Plus! 2 extension which has no visible window using either the winclose, or winwaitclose, or winkill commands in AutoIt please do so...
You never said you wanted to use those exact commands. Next time be more specific then spouting off at the mouth. :rolleyes:

...however i think it's much easier to use the taskkill command in a batchfile now that i figured that out...
No kidding it would be easier, but yes you can close services and hidden programs the same way as taskkill.

:rolleyes:

hey zippy...

those are the only commands available for killing apps...

i didn't read incorrectly, i typed creatively... :eek:

I didn't think i was "spouting off at the mouth":rolleyes:

sorry...

can you explain how to close services and hidden programs the same way as taskkill then please... because i'm still not convinced...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back