Apache???

caveman

OSNN Newbie
:) Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can help me. I have been on the ntfs site before but had to re-register.

My quesion is over apache, I'm not sure exactly what is is, but I want to know if I can use it to share files with close mates and allow them access to my files?

If not does anyone know how i can do this, securely and also a program that looks after the download should the download die?

Thanks in advance

Ian

if u just want to set up an FTP server...there are easier more user friendly solutions than apache

go to www.webattack.com and look at the different ftp servers they have to download

BulletProof FTP Server and Serv-U are two popular Windows FTP servers.

Apache is a nice HTML web server if your wondering. Though to serve web sites it's best used in Linux not windows, allthough it can work well with windows.

FTP is your best bet for sharing files.

More information about apache can be found at www.apache.org.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back