• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Apache web server issues with XP ?

K

katana

Hello,

I'd like to know if any of you is running apache on windows XP, or knows if there are any problems. I've been running it perfectly for 2 years on 2K, and now i get some weird errors on some scripts (on a POST, the page loads again and again quickly, the crashes in a DNS error... or sometimes it messes up the HTML code).

K

kingnothing

I'm running the latest version of Apache on XP but haven't experienced any problems similar to yours. The only trouble I've had so far is getting UBB to work, but I haven't had time to check if my scripts are configured properly -- I don't think it's Apache's fault.

JJB6486

Retired Mod
Political User
Just remember, Apache for Win32 is still considered beta quality code (according to Apache's webpage), so you shouldnt expect everythng to work perfectly with Apache for Win32

JJB6486

K

katana

Apache for Win32 works very well, in fact. I'm running many test sites on my Win32 (temp) server, some of them being very heavy dynamic sites, and got no problems so far.

This one is just very weird, and i think it didn't occur until i install WinXP... but I'm not sure. Anyway, in the end i don't think it is apache related... probably sthg in my template :(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timpage