aol!!!!!

Originally posted by ZAnwar
avsdotcom, why don't u try msn internet access or BT !
he he he ha ha ha lol lol lol......... where have you been???? with msn or bt the 2 x hour limit is religous.

don't quite like aol much... mainly coz it is NOT very good for surfing the web..

one of my mates spent 2000 USD buying his pc and what does he do? get aol for free... and it is not very good to say the least...

aol is like cigarettes... a legal drug for cigarettes (though I must admit the marlboro man does look kewl) and a legal virus for consumers...

of course I do not know what the isp's over in the UK are like so I can only tell you why i don't like it over here.. too many windows... sure it is supposed to be easy but it consumes sys resources that I am sure can be allocated for something else... like say kazaalite... :)

found 1 that does (supposedly) unlimited access get this supanet platinum & the price is £24.99 per month; no call charges. Minimum 12-month contract.
as opposed to AOL 1 month contract - £15.99 per month
Any takers ??? :D

found 1 that does (supposedly) unlimited access get this supanet platinum & the price is £24.99 per month; no call charges. Minimum 12-month contract.

hmm @ this mo it's extremlt temptin:(

any 1 got sum questions i can ask tech suport?
cus when ever i ask them any they alway's "say ring our helpline"

(probley cus it's free on the net while they get money from ringin up:D )

i wan't 2 try a load of questions on them + post the anser on here:D :D

also if any 1 works 4 aol tech suport i'd like 2 hear from u.........:mad:

Originally posted by sazar99
don't quite like aol much... mainly coz it is NOT very good for surfing the web..

one of my mates spent 2000 USD buying his pc and what does he do? get aol for free... and it is not very good to say the least...

aol is like cigarettes... a legal drug for cigarettes (though I must admit the marlboro man does look kewl) and a legal virus for consumers...

of course I do not know what the isp's over in the UK are like so I can only tell you why i don't like it over here.. too many windows... sure it is supposed to be easy but it consumes sys resources that I am sure can be allocated for something else... like say kazaalite... :)
[/QUOTE

Using different browsers is fine....have stayed connected to the www for over 4days continuously so i have no complaints
isp's are fine till you want to go to bed and d/l a film or something using a 56k modem...i have no worries with aol as i know in the morn I'll have at least 80mb at the most 160mb...

....................AOL RULES.....................

Originally posted by henyman
any 1 got sum questions i can ask tech suport?
cus when ever i ask them any they alway's "say ring our helpline"

(probley cus it's free on the net while they get money from ringin up:D )

i wan't 2 try a load of questions on them + post the anser on here:D :D

also if any 1 works 4 aol tech suport i'd like 2 hear from u.........:mad:

to call aol its a free no:- 0800 3765432
oh search for and delete :- global .org
then go to start\progs\aol\aol sys info\utils
clear browser cache
un-install aol adapter
if this does not work.....full remove and re-install which is no mean feat

The pc company I work for is linked to Supanet - don't go there,l believe me. AOL looks positively saintly compared to Supanet :D

AOL myth

Originally posted by KLoWn
The AOL HATE Campaign....
AOLs software requires to many resources

IEXPLORE 6512k
Yahoo(YPager) 8124k
Outlook(msimn) 12823k
Total 27459k

AOLmyth.JPG

AOL uses 1804k

AOL uses 1804k

it does @ times use hardly any rersorces, but @ times it uses LOADS i've had it usin 50,000k!!!!!!!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back