AOL just dropped it's prices

L

Lee

Well aol have dropped prices for it's broadband rates.

Gold 512k is now £24.99 was £27.99
Platinum 1 meg now £29.99 was £34.99

wahoooo good news.

she wanted to go to paris and went to glasgow. Ha! Lost you didn't i?

Not surprised they had to drop them.

I just helped a buddy at work fight his way through changing from AOL BB to SBC BB. Same wire connection but now his speed is 4x faster and no AOL server slow downs to contend with. He also managed a little cost savings too, even though his wife made him keep the AOL service with a bring your own connection.

Nice one. Lee - I got mine for £19.99 as an existing member - well worth getting slagged off for at that price. Keeps the missus happy - although the kids tend not to go through AOL, just hook up straight into IE or their Hotmail accounts.

bash-2.05b$ nslookup 195.***.168.***
Name: webcacheB***.cache.***.co.uk
Address: 195.***.168.***

Hrm, now i did some searching around, and it seems that a company named Energis.

Which also owns a company named Freeserve. Now since freeserve goes to wanadoo.co.uk, ill presume you have an account with either Wanadoo or Freeserve. (Thank you DSLReports)

Energis is an ISP that owns Freeserve and Wanadoo, and it, itself is a company that does leased lines for business's it seems.

Lee said:
Well aol have dropped prices for it's broadband rates.

wahoooo good news.
That's still more expensive compared to Freedom2surf and Pipex (for 512k anyway)

Wanadoo own freeserve, dont think anyone own wanadoo??

France Telecom used to... not sure if they still do though.

Lee said:
I suppose if you AOL an extra $5 for double the speed isn't a bad idea.

If AOL was free it would be too expensive.

j79zlr said:
If AOL was free it would be too expensive.
Yeah .. but like any other virus alot of people still get it even in this day and age ;)

Electronic Punk said:
she wanted to go to paris and went to glasgow. Ha! Lost you didn't i?

Noooo... She went to Barcelona. Her sister went to Glasgow. :p

And I wouldn't use AOHell Even if they payed me.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back