AOL instant messenger

apgill

OSNN Junior Addict
is there a plug-in or add-on for AIM that lets you know when someone has added you to their buddy list??

I am not going to touch this with a 20ft pole

I'm with zeke_mo, Aim sux. It is full of nothing but malware/spyware pc killing crap. If you want to use something for messaging, I would suggest you use Trillian or Messanger2. They are both free ..

i didn't ask for a better messaging program or whether or not you approve of the subject. it would be nice if someone could answer my question instead of avoiding it because they don't know the answer.

I don't believe the AIM protocol permits such a thing. I could be wrong but I've not heard of anything like this, and if possible I think the 3rd party clients that use the oscar protocal (aim protocal) would have this feature.

apgill said:
i didn't ask for a better messaging program or whether or not you approve of the subject. it would be nice if someone could answer my question instead of avoiding it because they don't know the answer.

I wasn't avoiding it because I "Don't" know the answer. The answer is simple, There is none ...

yea, there is no way to tell on the oscar servers. MSN does has that function though.

Perhaps deadaim? If that is still around, I think it had some features that AIM didnt. I am not 100% sure, even 20%, but it might be worth a look

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back