AOL Could Pay Millions to Settle Billing Suit

napalmnthemorning

OSNN Senior Addict
AOL Could Pay Millions to Settle Billing Suit

All I can say is, It's about time. I was one who kept getting charged for about 6 months after I had cancelled with them 3 times. This also happened to my brother. I can't believe this is just an Illinois settlement and not nationwide. I remember calling AOL after I finally looked closely at my end of the month statement and saw that AOL had been deducting out of my checking account 20$+ a month. They said at the time that there policy could only reimburse me for 3 or 4 months (can't remember exactly now) Just amazing to me how AOL has been doing this for years and finally a lawsuit against them.

The same thing happen to me. What they were doing is saying that you still have this much time left on your account. Try to get you to keep it till then ,and it will cancel it then. They neglected to tell you that you had to call them to do it.

The last time I had it was because my wife got pulled in by some stupid free thing, when I found out I called them and told them to cancel it now or I will sue them. They canceled it right away lol ..

I hate AOL .. I hope they curl up and die ..

I got it, not even from AO-Hell, but as a long time CompuServe customer. America Offline bought them out and said they would keep the services seperate. Yeah right :eek: Anyhow, it wasn't long before they merged the billing depts together, and I started getting all the AO-Hell, erm I mean Virus of the Internet billing problems from CSi. I think I made a post about that somewhere else on the boards.

I wonder if the billions for this settlement could even begin to cover the money they extorted from customers who had already cancelled their service. Hell for me to get out of it, it required I go down to my credit union (as they kept billing my check card), filled out paper work to report fraudulent transactions, and have the charges reversed. My financial institution said they would launch a thorough investigation, and if the charges looked legit they'd be re-applyed then, otherwise no.

So these bastages sent me a letter a year latter with "For whatever reason your bank seems to be unwilling to let us charge you further. Can you pay this?" Yeah right bwahahahaha My financial institution wouldn't pay them further because after investigating they determined the charges were not legitimate. Like I'm going to voluntarily pay them, what my own financial institution determined was fraudulent :p

Son Goku said:
I got it, not even from AO-Hell, but as a long time CompuServe customer. America Offline bought them out and said they would keep the services seperate. Yeah right :eek: Anyhow, it wasn't long before they merged the billing depts together, and I started getting all the AO-Hell, erm I mean Virus of the Internet billing problems from CSi. I think I made a post about that somewhere else on the boards.

I wonder if the billions for this settlement could even begin to cover the money they extorted from customers who had already cancelled their service. Hell for me to get out of it, it required I go down to my credit union (as they kept billing my check card), filled out paper work to report fraudulent transactions, and have the charges reversed. My financial institution said they would launch a thorough investigation, and if the charges looked legit they'd be re-applyed then, otherwise no.

So these bastages sent me a letter a year latter with "For whatever reason your bank seems to be unwilling to let us charge you further. Can you pay this?" Yeah right bwahahahaha My financial institution wouldn't pay them further because after investigating they determined the charges were not legitimate. Like I'm going to voluntarily pay them, what my own financial institution determined was fraudulent :p

I got to do the same iwth a "Free" credit report, you decide if you want to keep gettting it, nothing will be billed. Bla bla bla...

Supposedly $20 a month after the first 30 days. They billed me $70, then said that I called and wanted to keep it. The company ended up getting sued by a few people.

I don't even want to talk about Azz O Hell. My brother has it. Its disgusting.

Steevo said:
I got to do the same iwth a "Free" credit report, you decide if you want to keep gettting it, nothing will be billed. Bla bla bla...

Supposedly $20 a month after the first 30 days. They billed me $70, then said that I called and wanted to keep it. The company ended up getting sued by a few people.

I don't even want to talk about Azz O Hell. My brother has it. Its disgusting.

Worst part is I didn't even sign up for America Off their rockers :laugh: I was a Compuserve customer since around 1994 or 1995. AO-Hell just did a corporate merger and bought them out, hence how I got stuck with them. I inherited their billing problems as a result of having been a long time customer of the company they purchased...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back