AOL browser

• Thread starter sacred2nite
  • Start date
S

sacred2nite

Hi guys
I am moving in with a friend this week. At present, she is with AOL dial-up and I am with BT broadband. Therefore, she is going to close her account and we are going to share my connection. Anyway, she (for some strange reason) really likes the AOL browser and is complaining because she wont be able to use it. Is there any way, of using the AOL browser, without having an account with AOL? That way we would both be happy.

Thanks

P.S I cannot switch to AOL broadband because I am on the 12-month contract still.

tell your friend that aol is the devil you know. theres enough evidence on the net to back up your claim.

but have you told her about msn explorer thats good (nice ui too):) aol are scum

She wants the AOL chat rooms I think. I also don’t no why she wants it. I think its crap! However, it will save me from her moaning if she can use it.
God damm it! I must be mad to share a house with this bi@#h! lol ;)

I just had a similar problem with my daughter moaning that I was getting rid of aol cos I was getting broadband. If she wants it for the chat tell her to use aol messenger. Not sure if she will be able to keep the user name she is using now though once she has canceled the account, I'm going to have to find that out myself when I ring them up to cancel my account

Does AOL still offer the Bring-Your-Own-Access plan? They did when we were with AOL. Actually, now that I think about it, my friend who has Verizon DSL uses AOL through BYOA. I think it's like $10 a month, and you can use all of AOL except the actual AOL connection.

If she just wants the chatrooms, then find her another site that has more to offer in terms of what she likes, then maybe you can convince her to get rid of AOHELL.

yeah you can keep connect AOL with broadband but your going to be paying for 2 internet providers which can be expensive but if your rich then its ok! i think all you do is when it says how ot connect u just click on LAN.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back