AOL and Limited Account

O

oceans29

When I try to log onto AOL in a limited account I get an error message that says, "Your MAIN.IDX file is damaged. Reinstall or restart. I have done both, but keep getting the same message. Is there a solution to this without changing the user status to administrator??

Not an experienced AOLer myself, but ensure that you have the latest version, perhaps by loggins on as the admin and running an autoupdater (?)

(( Cleared the last 2 posts, they were offtopic and jsut plain daft ;)Keep the fun stuff in the appropriete forums, this section is for tech support. ))

I have the latest version installed. Not sure what you mean by an autoinstaller.

if your using aol 7.0, you might try and uninstall that version and try version 6, see if that will take care of it, I only read this on the web have no experience with AOL, and never will.

sorry best of luck ;)

I said autoupdater not autoinstaller.

Some applications have the abililty to connect to the web and update their files as needed, others have this option on the menus. But like I said, I don't have or will not be trying AOL, so am not sure if it contains these features.

I think I had a problem like this years ago. Try getting through to the AOL Tech Support people via the chat room, I have never waited more than 5 minutes to talk to someone and they solved my problem on both occasions.

Thanks. That is exactly what I did and it worked great! They had me delete one file and replace my MAIN.IDX file from the backup folder. Seems to have solved the problem!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back