• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

AOL and Limited Account

O

oceans29

When I try to log onto AOL in a limited account I get an error message that says, "Your MAIN.IDX file is damaged. Reinstall or restart. I have done both, but keep getting the same message. Is there a solution to this without changing the user status to administrator??

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
Not an experienced AOLer myself, but ensure that you have the latest version, perhaps by loggins on as the admin and running an autoupdater (?)

(( Cleared the last 2 posts, they were offtopic and jsut plain daft ;)Keep the fun stuff in the appropriete forums, this section is for tech support. ))

O

oceans29

I have the latest version installed. Not sure what you mean by an autoinstaller.

if your using aol 7.0, you might try and uninstall that version and try version 6, see if that will take care of it, I only read this on the web have no experience with AOL, and never will.

sorry best of luck ;)

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
I said autoupdater not autoinstaller.

Some applications have the abililty to connect to the web and update their files as needed, others have this option on the menus. But like I said, I don't have or will not be trying AOL, so am not sure if it contains these features.

BigPete

OSNN Sexual Deviant
I think I had a problem like this years ago. Try getting through to the AOL Tech Support people via the chat room, I have never waited more than 5 minutes to talk to someone and they solved my problem on both occasions.

O

oceans29

Thanks. That is exactly what I did and it worked great! They had me delete one file and replace my MAIN.IDX file from the backup folder. Seems to have solved the problem!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix