AOL and ICS

Akash

OSNN Senior Addict
First of all dont kill me, i HAVE to use AOL because of the lack of any ISPs and Broadband supported in my area.

ok now for the prob
does AOL work with ICS?
I have a hub connected to my machine (host) and 3 clients
the host is running AOL and i want the clients to access the internet using it.
I dont want to resort to Proxy because of the ease of use with NAT and how you can 'control' the dialups and disconnection of ISPs via the client machine.

If anyone could help i'd be greatfull.
Thanks
Akash

There is no problem with AOL behind NAT. Just set up a TCP/IP based conneciton and log on. No proxy or any special software is needed on the host computer.

JJB6486

hmm still a bit confused
in ICS, i have to enable internet sharing in XP for whatever DUN im using
thats what i did for Virgin Net ISP.
AOL however seems to create a Virtual Adaptor that i cannot enable ICS for.
So how is it done?

You do not need to enable ICS on the virtual WAN adapter created for AOL on the host computer. Just install AOL on each client machine and connect. NOTHING AT ALL has to be done to the gateway machine. Just install AOL on all machines, set TCP/IP connection, and log in

aha! i see what you mean now
i saw the tcp/ip for aol etc
gotcha

however, ive actually managed to persuade mom to drop AOL and go to BT Internet and shes agreed.
This will mean a nice ISP, 2hour cutoffs (limiting brothers addiction) and at the same time being able to ICS easily.

thanks for the help, atleast i know for my sake how to ICS over with AOL

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back