Anyway to force a driver install???

• Thread starter zapoqx
  • https://www.osnn.net/admin.php?templates/thread_view.1970/delete&_xfRedirect=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.osnn.net%2Fadmin.php%3Ftemplates%2Foutdated Start date

zapoqx

Striking Master
I want to force a driver install on Vista to get this certain driver recognized and I know what it is, but Vista refuses to understand that the driver is in the same folder as the 2 other drivers associated to the same thing is. I can't figure out how to force the drivers unlike in XP where I could if need be. Anyway to do this or do I need to know some hacking into the OS?

IDLE

OSNN Senior Addict
what hardware are you trying to install?

Aprox

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
Have you tried installing the driver via the device manager and choosing the proper driver files manually?

zapoqx

Striking Master
Its my TV Tuner Card drivers. It installed the Connexant and the TV tuner, but not the TV Tuner's Crossbar that is really needed in order to make it work. I want to check if I can get the TV tuner to work on Vista and see if I should eliminate the possibility of it being a hardware issue. Ok Zombie, I'll try and find that box.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest forum posts

Latest profile posts

Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.
Terrahertz wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Yo fellas!
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Where are you buddy?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua Liansky