anything see anything wierd aout this?

nah, that happens sometimes i've noticed, especially if you've opened some type of slip driver or extra PPP connection like opening aol using BYOA

just goto a dos prompt and type ipconfig /all and you'll get the correct info

Info will most likely be the same. This is perfectly normal.

What is happening is that your ISP is subnetting their network. They are using 22 bits for their subnet mask instead of the default masks. This enables them to control how many hosts are on each network.

A 22 bit mask allows for 1022 hosts (IP addresses per network)
Default class A 16777214 hosts
Default class B 65534 hosts
Default class C 254 hosts

Hard to tell what class you're using since you masked you IP. But the default ranges are the following numbers in the first octect:

Class A 1-127
Class B 128-191
Class C 192-223

relder thanks for the info

My ISP uses 255.255.255.255 and i couldnt work out why

Great explanation

Don't know how your ISP is working with a 255.255.255.255 (32 bit) subnet mask. This is for multicasting and does not establish a network ID.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back