ANYPOINT WIRELESS II Probs

ste_w

OSNN Senior Addict
i just purchased ANYPOINT WIRELESS II by intel, and im sure ive set it up correct, ive set it up the way the manual told me to an the other time just by the using the xp setup wizard thing, they didnt work, i tried to do it by the book again 2nite an it still doesnt work, i cannot c the other comp on the network, an wen im on the m.e comp and i try to open the entire network folder i get an error or something, 1st it say unable to connect to wireless device then it says it has connected at 11mbs but theres nothing in the folders? can anyone help me pls.

p.s my xp comp an the m.e comp are using the ANYPOINT WIRELESS II by intel usb thing.

Thanx Pls Help Me

Ste_W

Hmmm. I thought that may be the problem thinking that ME couldn't see NTFS across a network. I was wrong. According to Microsoft: "NTFS is not directly supported under Windows Me. NTFS volumes can be accessed only by Windows NT locally. If Windows Me is installed on a computer already running Windows NT with an NTFS volume, it cannot access any information stored on the volume. However, Windows Me can access NTFS volumes across a network connection."

Will look around some more.

Thanx 4 the help, any more suggestions?, my computer can find my sister computer on the connection manger but it wont let me map her drive and vice versa, she is also not in my networkplaces folder..again vice versa...Help Me Pls
thanx

ste_w

did you upgrade the firmware on the card? had this same problem, I also needed to download the latest drivers for Xp an Me,HERE
Hope this helps! I spent hours working with support on this to get it to work!:)

What is the firmware and where can i get it?

Thanx 4 Ur Help

Thanx 4 ur help but i still cant get it working, damn intel, o well.
any more suggestions?

Thanx Again

Cya

first of all, when connecting across a network to a shared resource your OS does not need to support NTFS. you are connecting to a shared resource. the only part NTFS plays in that whole process is in which permissions you get to that specific resource.

are both machines able to connect to the internet??

what do you see when you click start -> run -> type "ipconfig /all"(without the " of course =])???

what ip address are they getting??

need more info to help ya dude.
oDin.

EACH COMP can find its self but not the other one? its allsetup coreccet im sure.

You have to install the intel software also from Intel, when you do set it to peer to peer, name your network name, (I called mine Intel), Put in a five diget network key, or Data Encription # (I used 12345) DO NOT INSTALL THE INTERNET SHARING SOFTWARE FROM INTEL! it doesn't work, Use the window setup for home networking to set this up! I just set another set-up like this on Monday at a friends and It works great!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back