anyone xperience this???

R

renakuajo

i slipstream sp1 and after installing xpsp1, next i install my antivirus and right away it detected a worm named My Life.scr........i try downloading again(3 times) sp1 and slipstream again and everytime i get the same thing, this happen everytime i reformat my machine cause all the 3 xpsp1 i burned have it....dont know why, it havent cause any problem cause after install it xpsp1 i disable system restore, then run antivirus and get rid of the worm, the thing that bothers me is that i dont know how i get that worm....i downloaded the sp1 from microsoft, so i have no idea (NPI - Ni Puta Idea) LOL

Have a search on your slipstreamed cd for my life.scr. I don't have that issue. Am right now checking my cd. :eek:

u know what? i did it and find nothing.........wow this is really strange..........the funny thing is that when i deleted i get this prompt that says that i'm deleting a system file please insert win xp cd,bla,bla,bla......i have to cancel that prompt in order to delete the file and do a restart

the only thing i did install the last two time i reformat my drive after installing XPSP1 was my antivirus..........no idea how i get that

I'm using a slipstreamed home version. Using windows explorer, looking at the contents of the cd, high lighting it all & selecting properties I end up with 6,270 files & 156 folders. Size on disk is 496mb. 520,372,224 bytes.

i slipstream the pro version....anyway i know i dont have the worm but still got no clue how i get it everytime i install XP

Do you install your antivirus from an original cd? If the virus doesn't come from the Windows cd the only possibility left seems to be your antivirus program. Strange anyway.

When you do a fresh install with the slipstreamed cd before you do anything else seach the hard drive for my life.scr & see if it is there or not. If not then it must be the anti virus software that is infected.

no its no an original cd, but i really doubt it its the cd where the antivirus is located.....thats one thing i did i run the antivirus on the cd and nothing came.....in fact i have a the new installer from the company and last time i did the reformat like 3 weeks ago and still get it

The problem is not removing it. The problem is figuring out where it is coming from. :eek:

LOL sometimes i wonder if people when read understand what they read....LOL

I know i do not speak very good english but come on i think i make myself clear.....LOL just a though.......i find a lot of this in lots of places

Well both of you keep laughing but remember I'm not the one that got the worm from an e-mail attachment and cant get rid of it:D

And personally I dont really care if you ever get rid of it.

yikes, what hostility!

here's a suggestion for your virus problem. that .scr file is a screensaver file.

try looking in win32 - system folder. you'll have to enable windows to allow you to see hidden files and folders (tools - folder options - view).

you should be able to locate the file there and delete it.

if you can't, try wiping your system again and using a free antivirus app like this one. i use it and it works great.

JW50:

LOL what the hell??? Who told you i get that from an email attachment??? Damn u (LOL) still you cant read, and who told you that i cant get rid of it???? man please read, analize, undestand and then speak!!! LOL WOW

koko the problem is not getting rid of it. the problem is that as i said before i slipstream XPSP1 and whenever i do a clean install the damn virus appear, i have scanned the cds, my machine and just yesterday i scanned with norton then with AVG the antivirus software that i use in my machine to see if the antivirus software is infected and nothing came up......AS i said before I DO NOT HAVE THE VIRUS IN MY SYSTEM(sorry for the caps but there is some people that are blind or have something missing in their brains LOL ) I also scan the slipstream XP and still nothing came, i just wanna know how the f**k is that the virus appear on the machine as soon as i install XP when there is nothing in the pc besides xp and the antivirus......the virus appear on folder system32

To me it appears that the virus software is using somekind of heuristics and wrongly detecting a virus when there isn't one, due to the fact that there is code of somekind within a particular file that is simialar to that of a virus.

That's just my guess.

What is the AV software? Forgive me if this has been mentioned before.

NegativeFactor

Posted by renakuajo
JW50:

LOL what the hell??? Who told you i get that from an email attachment??? Damn u (LOL) still you cant read, and who told you that i cant get rid of it???? man please read, analize, undestand and then speak!!! LOL WOW

If you had bothered to go look at the link that I provided you would see that the My Life.scr worm is distributed as an e-mail attachment.

If you had gotten rid of the worm it wouldn't keep showing up now would it?

And before you say that I dont read, analyze and understand before I speak why dont you try doing what I recommended and then come back and tell me that I was wrong. Did you ever stop to think that you might not really have gotten rid of the worm since it keeps showing back up?

Or if you dont want to try the removal tool then shutdown your computer for at least 10 mins, boot to the XP CD, do a low level format (not a quick format) of your hard drive (all partitions if you have it partitioned), then do your install, install your anti-virus program, and if you still have the virus then it is most likely that it infected a file that you wrote to your CD. You can verify that by doing the install from your original XP CD without the slipsteaming.

Or you can just continue doing what you have been doing, the people that you have in your address book will love getting e-mails from you;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back