Anyone tried yoper?

X-Istence

Political Access
Has anyone tried Yoper yet?

It is pretty good, run it on a p4 for the family, and have a copy installed for myself.

Anyways, check it out if you have a newer machine, it is fast, and easy to install, and just is really nice as well.

http://yoper.com/ CHeck it out.

downloading now... might give it a try. but will it run on an AMD??

Doesn't look that good:
Yoper has been created by myself and even though lots of "volunteers" have joined the past few weeks, it still is all on my shoulders and wallet. Yoper has grown far beyond what I can do by myself. It needs to be a collaborative effort otherwise what is the point? Yoper's idea is to be a collaborative commercial entity offering you the best OS possible at 0 cost.
:no:

Glaanieboy said:
Doesn't look that good:

:no:

Pfft, it will continue, if it dies off, then someone will pick it up, or someone will create another distrobution.

funky dredd said:
Can't get to the page.
Ditto.
Warning: load_template(CACHE_PATHskin_cache/cacheid_2/skin_global.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/jesse/forum/sources/functions.php on line 463

1st October 2004

Yoper is not dead, but I am on strike today.
This is a replacement for the Yoper website, which is currently down due to my inability to do it all pretty much alone. Since there was a large outage due to server overload today, I thought I might as well cause one myself and shake your reality a little. I hope it shakes the ground and leaves standing only what is worth standing.

Download Yoper

For all flames and fan mail and serious business offers: andreas(at)yoper(dot)com
Interview with myself
Yoper is the #1 desktop Linux solution

The Yoper Manifesto:

1. Yoper users will always be able to get a free, fully functional version of Yoper
2. Yoper is committed to continuing the overall improvement of ALL open source versions of Linux.
3. Yoper will always make a fully functional and free version of the Yoper OS available to users.
4. Yoper is a commercial venture, and a commercial grade of Linux
5. Any revenue streams developed to make Yoper into a profitable commercial venture will NOT go against points 1, 2, and 3.
6. Yoper is a free yet commercial version of Linux, enhanced by Yoper members with the input of, and for the benefit of all users
7. To help another user is the most honorable thing to do as a Yoper user and/or Yoper Team Member.

This is Your Operating System. You make it happen or not. That is the whole idea of Yoper. You do not like how things are with OS's, then do something about it. Your OS is build for that.

Unless I get some consistent help Your Operating System cannot continue.

Yoper has been created by myself and even though lots of "volunteers" have joined the past few weeks, it still is all on my shoulders and wallet. Yoper has grown far beyond what I can do by myself. It needs to be a collaborative effort otherwise what is the point? Yoper's idea is to be a collaborative commercial entity offering you the best OS possible at 0 cost.

This server needs upgrading too. As such it is crunchtime. Where we go from here is up to you now.

I'll stick with Slackware ;)

A friend of mine has been playing around with it and he seems very pleased. KDE is a lot faster since all the binaries/files are pre-linked. I used it for a couple minutes and it's a lot more responsive on machines where KDE usually ran very very slow.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back