Anyone tested the Windows XP 64bits version yet ?

i will be getting that sometime around jan 18 cause thats when i will be getting my 64bit system.

Here are some screen.. nothing exciting

Guess what ? Firefox don't work in this version but before yelling at Microsoft about anti-firefox conspiracy, the 32bits version of IE don't work ether :p

So basically the OS is splitted in two (2 Program Files folder, i assume one for 32 and other for 64bits applications).

The hardware is well taken in charge as usual.. there are some issues since it's still in beta (64bits linux distro have some issues too) only time will tell if it's good or not.

Attachments

• winxp64_desktop.jpg
    winxp64_desktop.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 156
  • winxp64_ie.jpg
    winxp64_ie.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 146
it has to be an improvement when it's finnished

I'm amazed firefox hasn't supported this windows 64 bit os.

if they do, and they add all of the useablity the extra resources provide, then firfox would become the preferred browser by the time this os is released.

that would be smart marketing

:) ordered a cd from bill about a month ago still waiting for it.will let you know how i get on then ,if it arrives :laugh:

By the way ... have tried the 360 day expired version 3 separate times now.
Once as dual boot with XP Pro,via Bootmagic.
Its as full of software compatibility problems as a sieve.

1218 is a bit of an old build. I currently have access to 1289 RC1 (tho have had problems downloading it to be honest)
WindowsXP 64 is available as part of the Windows 2003 SP1 beta test.

what about driver support? That's what I've herd is pretty bad right now. I noticed ATI has drivers for 64bit windows, anyone tried those? Do they work well with games?

I'd only play games on a beta os to test it, I haven't tried it - But you are bound to find many problems...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back