Anyone taken the MCP (70-270) Exam lately?

BouncingSoul

Stranger Than Fiction
Political Access
I want to take it ASAP. I just finished a terrible class on it, but the little I remember I want to be fresh in my mind.

I think the material is relatively easy, it's the way the class was organized that makes me question my ability to pass the exam. The class had lots of true/false, multiple multiple choice (pick 3 of the 7 answers type thing) and fill in the blank questions on its tests. The T/F were pass or fail obviosly, and I can't imagine an important certification exam having them. The multiple multiple choice sucked cause if you missed one you missed the whole thing and the fill in the blank were extra terrible because of how specific you needed to be. If you answered cmd instead of cmd.exe you got it wrong, even though its the same thing. I guess I'm wondering if anyone knows how the exam is presented to you.

Thanks

am gona be doin that exam in early jan depending on work.
Microsoft exams are genrally a short paragrah of information, followed by a question + 4 possible awnsers, as my atachment shows. i highly recomend the Transender material for revision http://www.transcender.com/product.aspx?product%5Fid=Cert%2D70%2D270&dept%5Fid=100520

it is expensive, but i have used Transender for 2X m$ exams + 2X Comptia exams and it has been spot on in preparing me + helping me to learn as well as passing all exams with flying colors. the questions tend to be very very similar to the real exams ;)

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 209
I took the test over a year ago or so, but I'm sure the formats haven't changed much. They are mentally draining in the sense you have to read each and every question very carefully, and then pick out pieces that don't directly apply and could make it a different answer.

If you know your stuff and take your time I'm sure you'll be fine.

common sense - never tell a user they have to do anything - unless you want to work late nights fixing things :D

I did 70-210 myself some time ago but it can still count towards a 2003 MCSE.

Just got the books for 70-290, 70-291, 70-293 and 70-294 and will be looking at taking the first two in January ;)

I did 70-210 myself some time ago but it can still count towards a 2003 MCSE.

Just got the books for 70-290, 70-291, 70-293 and 70-294 and will be looking at taking the first two in January ;)
Took those too, cake.

I'm thinking you could probably even ace them without books mate.

I have spent so long not doing things the Microsoft way I think I will need to read them.

Okay, thanks for the answers. I had no idea what the answer to that above question was, I know it wasn't covered in my crappy class.

I have spent so long not doing things the Microsoft way I think I will need to read them.
Good point and tip to the rest - things on the exams are the "MS Way", not necessarily the best way or way you do them :)

so true, there are quciker or easyer ways to do most things. am due to take 70-270 on 9th jan with any luck. am tryin to find time to read aprox 780 pages of 70-290 :(

Ok, still haven't taken it, work has kept me busy. I found a free practice exam and now I REALLY don't think I can pass it. I got 26 out of 50 right (terrible, I know) but the ones I missed I just don't understand if its a legit question. For example:

Which of the following must your computer have to initiate Dynamic Update during the Setup Process?

a. Internet connection capability
b. Internet Explorer 4.0 or later installed
c. Internet Explorer 5.0 or later installed
d. .NET passport

Answer(s): a. Internet connection capability
b. Internet Explorer 4.0 or later installed
A) seemed obvious and D) seemed pointless. So I got A) right. However I picked the wrong IE version and hence got the whole question wrong. Two things about this question, 1) Of all the setups I've done; I've NEVER seen the option to do a dynamic update. I assume its there since they ask the question, I just don't know where. 2.) XP comes with IE6 right? So why are my choices 4.0 & 5.0? I guessed 5 and was wrong. Pretty much all of the questions I missed were like this. Old, seemingly pointless stuff. Is Microsoft really interested in your ability to memorize inane details or is this practice test that out of date?

Last edited:
Reps for the Transcender recommendation Heny. That thing rules! I took a mini exam and got 13/15 right, which is 87%, does anyone know if thats a passing score?

Transender is as close to the real exam as you will get, do a full practice exam ;)

i passed my 70-270 with a score of 889 today :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back