Anyone NOT play Doom 3?

~bk said:
In October.
Quite surprised at that, I thought they were aiming for a simultaneous release with the Windows version.

vern said:
Take out all the Doom 3 and this-is-a-hyped-piece-of-crap fanboys
I'd love to.. hand me a shotgun. (I really hate the fanboys, just for reference :p)

vern said:
What have we learned? That it does have good graphics? That it is a great game ... although personal tastes might say otherwise ... it is nonetheless a good game. Take out all the Doom 3 and this-is-a-hyped-piece-of-crap fanboys, and we are all left with ... a good game.
Well for alot of people DoomIII didn't live up to the hype because everything was based on reviews from people that had never played it and videos/screenshots. I would wait and actually play HL2 before declaring it the game that Jesus made and the building of it's shrine. :p

I don't see what was in those reviews that didn't make it to the final version of Doom 3. The hype was mostly on the graphics, and that it did deliver. Big name reviewers have also had access to pre-release versions of Doom 3 for a long time, so no, they did not get those early previews out without playing the game. The majority of the hype was centered around the graphics, and that they did deliver. id and the reviewers said that the game was not going to feature new and unique gameplay, and it didn't. I don't know of any professional reviewers that have actually said that Doom 3 was going to be the second coming of Jesus, and I've probably read every pre-release review of Doom 3 out there. What they did say was it is going to be a great game, and indeed it is for those whose cup of tea comes in the form shotguns and monsters.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back