Anyone living in the Southwestern US?

BouncingSoul

Stranger Than Fiction
Political Access
So here's my deal. I love my job but I hate the area. The lease is coming up on my apartment and I have a friend willing to go where ever I want to go. I'm freshly armed with my new MCP and I hope it gets me a decent starting wage. The problem is I have no idea what to ask for. And I have no idea how much it would cost to live in say the Phoenix or Las Vegas areas. Anyone have any suggestions?

Yeah thats expensive. And I thought Minneapolis was going to be bad.

I was just playing around with it and randomly checked some cities.... Making what I make now compared to what I would need to make in San Diego.... Wow. Like 75% more per year just to get by. The cost of rent is 198% higher then this area. Wow is all I can say.

Reps for the help!

I don't know for sure how much the cost of living is in Phoenix, but there are other cities right next to Phoenix that might be cheaper. Gilbert, Gendale, Scottsdale, Mesa, Tempe, Chandler and Surpise are ones I can think of. Also check like the Queen Creek area as well but depending on where you get a job Queen Creek area will give you a good commute.

Living in Phoenix, the cost of living is not too bad. About $700 for an apartment with 2 rooms, and a living room/kitchen in Tempe. As for cheaper, Scottsdale is definitely not cheaper. It is one of the richest parts of Phoenix, and the area just sucks.

Chandler is about as expensive if not more expensive than Scottsdale.

As for prices for just living, gas is not too bad, about $3 right now. Living expenses for food and whatnot are about $150 a month for me, and that does not include the take-out and whatnot.

Las Vegas, is really expensive, but if you are able to find a place to live, the rest is pretty cheap as well. As long as you are willing to take advantage of all the deals. That being said, I don't think I could live in Las Vegas. Last year I was there for 2 weeks during BlackHat and DefCon and the entire area is too fake for me. It looks pretty, but once you see past the glamour you see the rotten core underneath.

I wish you good luck in your moving!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back