Anyone know anything about Mpeg-4?

lancer

There is no answer!
Political Access
I'm using the capture video on the nerovision express (its actually better than pinnicles one whic cost me $200 (****ing aholes). Anyway i was getting mis-syncing between the vid and sound with mpeg-2 so i'm using mpeg-4 now and it seems to have solved the issue, but there are so many different video encoding options with the mpeg4, i need the video to be at least 720x480 at least, anyone use this program and know what profile to use for this option thanks.

You said you're capturing video, I suppose this is from a TV (also the resolution you mentioned does suggest this)?

Then you should set (in Nero Vision Express):
-audio: stereo, HE-AAC or MP3
-video: 720x480; Nero Digital Profile: Standard

I hope this info is enough? Please ask if you need to know more!

when i'm using the nero digital and i try to use the customise button the program locks up so i cant specify exactly what i want.

yeah its legit, it came with my sony dvd-r, also if i update nero digital to the newest version that locks the program up before it can even open. Otherwise it works fine.

A also noticed that no matter what format i use mpeg2 or 4 or avi the quality of the output is not very good, not as good as the tape anyway. And this is on the highest settings, could this have anything to do with my pc at work these are the specs

p4 1.7
768mb
40gb hd
Nvidia 5600fx 128mb
its a dell dimension 4400 desktop.
Pinnicle Video Capture card with firewire ports and composite/svideo ports.

for my vhs tapes i'm using the composite for the digital camcorder i use the firewire (i get great quality from the digi camcorder, but not from the vhs).

Do you think using an svideo cable would help?

When I was doing allot of video editing I wasn't very succussful using Nero. I usually used TMPGEnc and virtualdub. Do you have an audio/video pack installed such as ACE Mega CoDecS Pack or K-lite Mega Codec Pack.

The versions of Nero that come with Burners usually do not have all the codec$ required for video and audio work. You have to pay for and download them. I got the freebie with my new burner and so much stuff was disabled I went and bought Nero Ultra.

The ultra version of Nero comes with all the good stuff.

I can't remember if Nero had options grayed out or popped up and said I had to buy add on codecs. It mayu have been some of each. It never locked up on me though.

LeeJend said:
The versions of Nero that come with Burners usually do not have all the codec$ required for video and audio work. You have to pay for and download them. I got the freebie with my new burner and so much stuff was disabled I went and bought Nero Ultra.

The ultra version of Nero comes with all the good stuff.

I can't remember if Nero had options grayed out or popped up and said I had to buy add on codecs. It mayu have been some of each. It never locked up on me though.

That's completely correct.

And those options are not greyed out, they just aren't shown! You'll have to enter additional serials to activate those options.

it seems it has all the features installed, but i also have pinnicle studio 9 plus, which i paid $200 for, but its ****ing ****e, and when it does successfully capture stuff it wont write it to dvd, it just crashes, i'm thinking though it may just be the pc's lack of power what do you think?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back