Anyone know anything about cars?

BouncingSoul

Stranger Than Fiction
Political Access
I love this thing. Love it!

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detai...+descending|Q-descending|Z-55337&aff=national

Gonna be in the cities this weekend and I might go check it out. I'm going through buyers remorse presale, which can't be a good sign. It's a big investment but I think I can swing it. The downside is no one I know has one so I can't get any opinions. The upside is no one I know has one so I'd be unique for a change! Anyone have any advice?

Found out my insurance will be $754 for 6 months. OUCH! I still love the car but that's pretty freaking steep. Maybe I shouldn't drive so fast ....

Get a better car for the money, like a Maxima or something.

Personally I think the Mazda 6's suck for the money you invest in them for power/features/interior aesthetics and overall reliability.

If you've already bought it <shrug> enjoy :)

Sazar said:
Get a better car for the money, like a Maxima or something.

Personally I think the Mazda 6's suck for the money you invest in them for power/features/interior aesthetics and overall reliability.

If you've already bought it <shrug> enjoy :)

I know even less about Maxima's though.

They want too much. If it were 12 to 15 thou, then maybe. But not when their asking price is higher than the Kelly Blue Book.

Grab a 2006 copy of Consumer Reports Buying Guide and look it up, our copy here at work is only a 2005. It doesn't list the 2005 Mazda6. But the 03 models have good marks. Now this is just the 626 evolved.

The KBB link shows its pretty much in line. They show a retail value of 19500. Plus this is the pimped out one with leather and multidisk cd and stuff. I don't know. There really aren't any other cars out there that make me excited. Well except for an Audi or BMW or something. But those are REALLY out of my price range.

BouncingSoul said:
I know even less about Maxima's though.

What questions do you have?

Ask here.

My good buddy just bought a Maxima in Houston, a 2003 GLE (which is the "luxrury" model) fully loaded for $16k with about 39k miles on it.

The engines don't have timing belts, they have chains and are more durable. Probably the best engine in it's class for durability and it has a lot of zip. My friends car had heated wing-mirrors, steering wheel, multi-cd changer, power seats with memory, moon-roof, 17" wheels and the lot.

Better bang for the buck and the car is just built better (coz it's not a ford).

Mazda has a coupla nice vehicles, such as the 3 (s version, not the i) and the rx-8 but I detest the 6. Went to a car show a coupla months ago and I was repulsed at how much the germans and some other manufacturers charged for crap when you could buy, for less, a much better vehicle from Toyota, lexus, nissan, infiniti, honda and acura.

The 626 was a decent car and the 6 is not an evolution. New chasis/drive-train and interior. It is a replacement for the old Millenia, though smaller as well as the 626.

Further, Consumer Reports, though widely trusted, is not very accurate in many cases. Using a blend of consumer reports as well as personal experience and reading other publications will give you the best means to validate a vehicle.

This is why I love this board... There is ALWAYS an expert.

So here's the first question... I thought the 6 was the power version of the 3. Bigger engine, better equipment stuff like that. In fact I read that the 3 was comparble to a Honda Civic ... the base civic not those ridiculous "fast and the furious" things. Also since the 3 is MUCH cheaper I figured I had to be losing something that the 6 had.

Next questions. What's the Maxima like? I mean since I don't have a wife and kid I'm doing my best to avoid the "family car". I don't mind 4 doors, I actually like them. But I want something sportier and not "grocery getter" style. That's why no matter what anyone tells me I'm not getting a Camry or an Impala or anything similar.

I'll probably think of something else later.

Thanks!

I am by no means an expert, but I have purchased vehicles and am currently in the market and am continuing to do more research.

If you are looking to spend the bucks you have there (18 or under) you can go a couple of different routes.

The maxima is really good value for the money, but make sure if you get one, thats its a 2003 or newer (design changes). I have been looking at an Acura 3.2 CL-type s (2003 or newer, again due to design changes).

Both will fit in the price-range you are looking at. The acura is what I have set my eyes on but haven't moved on yet. It has a decent sized trunk and the back-seat is very roomy for a coupe. A sedan is more practical and the maxima has almost the same power and "go" as the acura.

Alternatively, you can go for an Altima 3.5 SE (with more premium options like in-dash cd changer and stuff) for about teh same money. It has a very torquey engine and is a lot of fun to drive (I have one, for the girl). Interior is extremely roomy as well.

The 3 is a smaller car. You will also notice some Honda's and Toyota's remain pretty expensive even over time. They just happen to retain their value pretty well.

Sazar said:
I am by no means an expert.

All the same .... Reps for the effort. I'll keep looking and see what happens, I'll do some research on the ones you mentioned too.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back