Anyone know a way to do this...?

homesick1337

Computer Lover
Here’s my problem: I have lots of CD-Rs full of mp3s and other files. I want to put the CD in the CD drive, run the program, the have an excel file with a list of the files on the cd.

For example, my CD-R has:

Artist - Song Title.mp3
Artist 2 - Song Title.mp3
Artist 3 - Song Title.mp3

I want to have an excel (or text file) with:

Artist - Song Title
Artist 2 - Song Title
Artist 3 - Song Title

For obvious reasons, I do not want to type out every name.

So far, the best thing I have is a .bat file with this code: “dir d:\*.* /a/o/s > list.txt” which creates a text file with the date time, and a whole bunch of other crap. This is usable with the assistance of Excell’s text to columns feature, but I want something better.

Does anyone know of a better program?

well in winamp, if you enqueue all your songs into a play list and then go to misc -> misc options -> generate html playlist, it creates a playlist that is viewable in a web browser in the form of artist - song title (time). it's pretty neat.

or in DOS

go the root of the CD and type

X:\>dir > C:\cd1.txt

(X:\> is the prompt)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back