anyone know a way around only 10 concurent connections

anyone know a way around only 10 concurent connections allowed on Windows 2000 prof... In 2000 server you can have unlimited.

*Whoops, edited wrong post, lol*

No, not a single way. Its part of the licence agreement

Microsoft has placed limitations on the number of simultaneous IP sessions for their non-server editions of the Windows OS. Both Windows 2000 and XP Professional is limited to 10 concurrent IP sessions.

*waits to be corrected*

ug....i was afraid of that.. some dip**** decided to set up a monitored network scanning on a machine thats running 2000 prof.. i really dont want to have to migrate the data and then change all the xerox's. sigh.

It can be done in XP SP2 PRO - if you decide to upgrade it, let me know, I'll give you the necessary files.

Ya, like shakes said, It's doable but only on Windows XP Sp2...

The files are actually legal, nothing has been hacked by someone, it used to be part of a pre-release version of Service Pack 2 and they took it off on release.

Anyhow, if you ever upgrade to XP, you can basically have close to a Windows 2003 Server... minus quite a few features but still...

I wouldn't say it's "legal" because it certainly is not. The EULA doesn't allow it. There may be a "workaround" but once again... not "legal."

Thanks all this is something the company will just have to live with because a admin didnt think ahead. Apreciate everyone that replied.

If you are thinking of the limitation this passes: www.lvllord.de it isn't the same one.
You will have to upgrade to Windows 2000 Server etc. or look for a different os solution (ie linux if it is just file storage.)

eh is just not worth it. I didnt set it up and cant get permission to upgrade. so. Im sh*t luck. but i can just say its someonelses fault after all im only a intern... made to do the real job like a slave lol. but i get paid so im alll good.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back