Anyone help me?

W

wahoo24jc

Ok here is my problem...at any random time my computer will blue screen...here is what it said.
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Stop 0x00000050 (0xC6B1F614 Ox00000000 0x08055C7E5 0x00000000)

I have heard that this can be caused by faulty RAM, but I do not think that is the case here. I replaced the RAM and I now have ECC (thought maybe that would fix it :eek: ) But it still does it. Anyway, I was hoping that someone could please help me out and/or translate the Stop code. Thanks all.

Thanks Hipster...I've been trying to search the internet for things that may cause this, but to no avail. When I get back into windows after the BSOD, I click on the send error report. It always tells me that it is a device driver...If that is the case, is there any way to figure out exactly which driver is causing it?

Remove something one at a time. Remove it from device manager. Shutdown. Remove it from the case. Reboot & see what happens. Start with your USB stuff.

all you have to do is do a fresh install of XP, every thing will be fixed.

I've done that many times. Every time I reinstall, I cross my fingers and hope that everything will be ok this time, but I am disappointed every time that first BSOD appears. I wish it were that simple. :(

Ninj0x do you just copy & paste that. :p Sometimes it ain't that simple.

could be your board.

but try removing all unecessary cards and disabling onboard devices. install xp fresh and do all updates. run it for a while and see if it happens. if not, put in a card or enable an onboard thingie. one at a time, update it's driver and run it for a while and see if it happens again. then do another one... until you've found the problem device.

Ok...I just got the BSOD (again:mad: ). PAGE_FAULT_BLAH BLAH...and it also said ati2dvag.dll I am using the 3D Prophet Series Radeon Drivers from Hercules. It is a Hercules card, so should I be using the Hercules drivers, or should I go straight to ATI drivers?

Thanks all for your help...I'm trying to figure this out.

Oh and one more thing...In device manager, it says that my video card is not digitally signed. Could this be a problem? Should it be digitally signed?

Nah, that's not why. Don't worry about that, it's just dumbass microsoft stuff... ( me thinks )

Update...I use Filetopia to download movies, music, etc. I use it all the time, but I just tried to connect and got a BSOD. This time it said win32k.sys. I got back into windows and tried again. This time it said ati2dvag.dll again. I will be reinstalling windows tomorrow it looks like. Any suggestions for what drivers to install? Any help here would be appreciated. By the way...my latest windows install was only a week and a half ago. (I usually have to reinstall about every other week:() I have Windows XP Pro Service Pack 1. Thanks all.

wahoo24jc you have major problems somewhere if you are formatting that often. Try doing what taurus said & take it slow.

ok also...a few weeks ago there were new audigy drivers on this site. I installed them, but I could not even get back into windows after the installation. Just a blue screen. I can't recall what exactly it said. I was thinking that maybe the sound card drivers were not stable, and I wanted to try to update them. A few weeks later I tried to install them again, but the result was the same. I have only been able to install the drivers from the retail cd. Any feedback on this one?

Sometimes the latest is not the best. A few around here have a saying that everyone should listen to from time to time.
"If it ain't broke don't fix it."
Once you have xp back up & running after a format let it go for a while & see how it runs. Then if necessary start your tweakin. :D

One other thing I was thinking about doing is unplugging my hard drives from the RAID channels and using the standard IDE. Any suggestions as to whether or not I should do this or if it would even help?

i have the same audigy problem. here is my fix..

first off, if you don't need any of the software on the cd, like surround mixer or playcenter, then don't use it. just install the .exe from soundblaster's webiste.

if you do you need something installed off the cd, do it. then it'll ask you to restart. once you do, it'll install the drivers. restart again. go into device manager, find "Creative SB Audigy" and uninstall it. restart and windows will ask you for drivers for it . hit cancel then run the updated driver .exe and restart. it should work after all that.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back