Anyone Heard of ECS Brand

I've had ECS products before, and they've been fine. In fact, my sister has my old XP 1700 with an ECS motherboard in her computer.

ECS = Elite Group. I consider them to be more of a value or budget board. I use them in almost any budget PC I build because of their cost <$50 with with onboard sound, video (Shared), LAN. I have never had any real problems with them, nothing more then the usual anyways.

They might have "Higher End" boards as well, but I've never used anything except their cheaper models. Not sure I would use one in a hight end game system for example but for those people that are just using office and checking email they should be fine.

James

I have 3. The sound crapped out on the first one after never being very good to begin with. The second one works ok. I retired it because it did not support the faster FSB speeds.

The third is my gaming system which I have been running overclocked for the past year at 382 on a 333 BARTON. On this board the voltage and MB temperature sensor never worked right.

ECS MBs are not very feature rich and support is poor.

Unless it is one hell of a deal I'd not recommend an ECS. And BTW PCChips is the same brand. I have one from a friend and the Bios reads as an ECS.

thanks for the help, i think i'll stay clear then.

I had an ECS K7S5A motherboard for a few years and had little problems, but I had a friend that had an identical system to mine and he had nothing but problems. I would stay away unless it is a deal that can't be passed up as LeeJend mentioned above.

Still use a PC with a ECS K7S5A motherboard, has been running with no problems for 3 years, not the best board but at the time it was cheap.

ECS for me have been great, for a budget building workstation. Not for nothing else. Never had one go RMA on me, must of built about 100-some machines for clients in the last few years.

Good all-in-one budget workstation board.

Heeter

i had a ECS board and it was my backup computer. i would go with something else because their bios drivers don't get updated frequently

If you are looking for a budget board check out ASROCK. I got a socket A KT600 board with all the features you'd expect from a nice board for $30 and have had zero problems. Have been very impressed with them.

ECS = ok - see a fair few of them through for refurbishing computers - seldom is it the mobo that died, so they go out again OK, not too hard to get drivers for either, so they work for me (then again I stopped buying gear years ago now... it just comes to me and they have to pay for me to take it away!)

batman_threadres.jpg

I was going to come in and say that I had a decent experience with them several years ago, but apparently I already have :laugh:

Wow, I didn't realize how old this thread was until Leejend mentioned his 'gaming' system running a Barton core... haha wow that brought back memories! haha

Wow, I didn't realize how old this thread was until Leejend mentioned his 'gaming' system running a Barton core... haha wow that brought back memories! haha

I just retired a Barton system in April :(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back