anyone have digital cable?

J

jkoXP

what is the difference between digital cable and reg cable?

it all goes over the same line (coax) so how is the picture any better?

You mean DVI? If you're talking about computer monitor connections... I have my LCD monitor on digital connection. Without it, games are worse, and I see flicker...

yea i ahve digital cable and it si better, i am in canada so i dont know if it is teh same where u are but here is it wort the chage, not only the function to find what is on when u want but the picture is better and the sound is better and also the box that i have for digital cable has a cat 5 adn a fire wire plug onto it so i can stream and copy onto my computer

Originally posted by jkoXP
what is the difference between digital cable and reg cable?

it all goes over the same line (coax) so how is the picture any better?

It's the shape of the waveform. Digital takes the analog sinewave and turns it into bits. The bits are clearer and can be compressed to allow for more channels than analog. The "on" and "off" state of digital makes for better reproduction at your TV set.

Help any?

i called adelphia, the lower channels i already have stay analog.. which is stupid... im not going to get it now...

I've only ever seen digital add 1 or 2 of decent tv channels (expanded analog covers the good channels); access to inDemand movies, and a bunch of music. For a lot less I can rent a movie and listen to my mp3s.

Though I can't get the Naked Woman Network on standard cable. I wonder if digital offers it?

Ooh you're talking about tv... i dont have that lol

I had NTL digital cable and it was crap. Got it took out a few months ago as most of the time we just had a black screen as it would just go off on its own...Had about 6 engineers come to look at it over about 6 months. All u got was "we'll put this adapter here and that will fix it" Then it would go again and another engineer would come and say "I'll take this adapter off here cause thats whats causing the problem" So in the end OUT IT WENT and it's staying out:mad:

damm digital takin away too many analog ppv stations........

Digital Satalite here

I love it crisp clear picture and sounds is cd quality can add and remove channels as much as you want at no extra charge meaning I can drop 2 and add 2 as many times as I like and it dont matter takes a simple phone call and a few minutes later the channel is open, great for those channels that only have stuff you want once in a while lol

:D

digital cable for me and mine's not on a coax cable its fibre optic

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back