anyone get tiger on bit torrent?

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
mac is pissed

so, I know nobody on this board would have this illegal property, but I'm wondering if anyone *ahem* "knows" anyone that got the os.

if so what do *ahem* they say about it?

Isn't a Tiger build legally obtainable via the ADC? It was bound to leak, just as everytime MS makes something privately available on MSDN or BetaPlace, it invariably leaks onto IRC and P2P networks.

...or is this one a more recent internal build?

I obtained 8A169, and 8A294 via BitTorrent, Apple are annoyed at people releasing 8A323, which I had half of, then the torrent died ;) :p

I know that hundreds of people completed the torrent, and many more from other trackers (which also died) and I've seen it in action, on the surface it's nothing revolutionarily new, in comparison to 8A294 anyway.

NetRyder, it is, so an extent. Anyone can purchase Tiger from ADC, however I beleive it's the WWDC version (or later, but not latest) that's available to the public. Only selected developers, whom subscribe to ADC, have had access to 8A323, I think Apple may just be catching up with the leaks really.

I've always thought that both Apple and Microsoft should just give in and release beta's to the public, disclaim liability of damages to the fullest extent and enjoy the free bug checking. Thousands of testers can only help, right?

Oh, and it's Apple, not mac, Perris. Mac is the computer, Apple is the company :)

SPeedY_B said:
I've always thought that both Apple and Microsoft should just give in and release beta's to the public, disclaim liability of damages to the fullest extent and enjoy the free bug checking. Thousands of testers can only help, right?
I agree, although there's the risk of exposing secrets early-on in the development process. But then if you release a build only to developers and beta testers, you should be fully prepared to see a leak, so if you have anything to hide, don't let it leave the walls of the building. :)

Personally, I'd love to see more public builds. For example, I really want to try out the new Visual Studio .NET 2005 ("Whidbey") beta, but it's available only via MSDN, and the university's MSDNAA license doesn't cover these betas. :(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back