Anyone else noticed movie ticket prices going up in their area?

Son Goku

No lover of dogma
OK, this obviously isn't just restricted to movie ticket prices (gas prices have also been going up), but I've noticed yet more inflation wrt movie ticket prices here in Albuq, NM... Anyone else noticed this?

Not that many months ago, movie ticket prices went up from $7.00 student discounted and $8.50 (I think it was) normal price, to $8.00 student discounted, and $8.75 normal price. That wasn't that many months ago, and probably was no earlier then last November or December, if not this year.

So, I go down to the movies tonight (was there Friday of last week) and watched the new XXX movie... Anyhow, I noticed the prices had increased another 50 cents when she rung it up (to $8.50 student discounted). I commented about inflation, and asked (in case this wasn't correct) :D The ticket person commented that sales prices went up $.50 for all tickets. Man, it wasn't that long ago the rates were raised before...

I hadn't bothered to check concessions tonight to see if they went up any as well, so don't know...

prices for movie tickets are always going up....here in Toronto cheapest movie theatre is 7.50 on a Friday or Saturday night for a movie the prices of A ticket is about $13 imagine having a girlfriend and buying her popcorn and drinks and some candy. trust me before u know it $40 if not more.

Yeah tickets here on the weekend have been $8.50+ for ages. During the week you can find some places that have day shows for around $6+ though. I've never seen a theatre here in NY that does a student discount, only senior discounts. I wonder if folks in the south are seeing this problem? I have family in NC and when visiting we can see a movie for anywhere between $3-5 which is soooooo nice. :)

Here its 7.50 for the theater and the drive-in except the drive in is $4 monday thru thursday and the theater always has deals with movie tickets and what not.

TittleBitties said:
Here its 7.50 for the theater and the drive-in except the drive in is $4 monday thru thursday and the theater always has deals with movie tickets and what not.
I think drive-in (well the one I've been to) is like $5 but it's also a ~45min drive. :p

Well, tbh it sorta surprised me to see movie prieces go up twice in the same year, and we aren't even to June (mid-year) yet... :eek:

I do remember, when movie tickets were about $5.25 (back in the early to mid-1990s) and I don't mean the discounted or matinee ticket... Now it's like $9.25 here :eek:

Son Goku said:
I do remember, when movie tickets were about $5.25 (back in the early to mid-1990s) and I don't mean the discounted or matinee ticket... Now it's like $9.25 here :eek:
Yeah me too. Was back before every theatre here was owned by the same company. :(

Yeah, we have 2 chains out here now (United Artist and Century Rio), but doesn't seem to make much of a difference wrt prices... Probably when one goes up, the other turns around and does the same as well...as their prices seem on par with each other.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back