Anyone Check out Vopt defragger?

M

Mike89

I had been using the Vopt 6.2 defragger for Windows 98/ME for quite awhile and liked it.

Then I upgraded to Windows XP and it would no longer work. Well I see that Vopt now has a defragger that does work with XP. It's version 7.10.

I am curious to know if anyone's tried it and what do you think about it compared to the others.

I am using the trial version right now.

On the 6.2 I had used before, the swapfile showed up as green squares. On this new version is doesn't. It's just the same color as everything else.

Anyone using it know why that is?

Interesting little defragger. I just downloaded a trial version and seemed to work pretty good, and fast also. I especially liked the way you could click on the clusters and it tells you the program.(like Norton used to do)
As for the colors (PF being green) it's that way on mine.
The only bad that I could see was, I had my files set up a certain way w/SpeedDisk and Vopt decided it didn't like the files at the very end so it moved them up with the rest of them-guess I have to exclude them. But everything else seemed to work real well.

Vopt is similiar to the built-in defragmenter in Win2k and WinXP in that it lacks certain features. For example:

- How do you defragment the pagefile?
- How do you defragment the hibernate file?
- How do you defragment directories on FATx partitions?
- How do you defragment the metadata on NTFS partitions?

While most home users may not notice the lack of such features, most "power" users end up getting a more full featured defrag product.

- Greg/Raxco Software

Disclaimer: I work for Raxco Software, the maker of PerfectDisk - a commercial defrag utility and a competitor to Vopt, as a systems engineer in the support department.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back