AnyDVD HD Alternative

N

Not Bman

After switching to Ubuntu 11.10 because I screwed up my Windows Partition. I just got my normal email from Slysoft of an AnyDVD HD update. And then thought oh crap!

Is there an alternative to AnyDVD for Linux? Or how do I play blu-ray discs? Or am I actually out of luck with that?

And VLC is the only way to accomplish that? I am using SMplayer and would like to keep it that way.

Thanks for the reply.

Well ain't that something. I guess I will have VLC for my blu-rays, and SMPlayer for the rest.

VLC has basic blu--ray support and is the only way to do it on linux.

Best bet: fix windows and do it properly :) Linux will be lucky to get proper blu-ray support due to licensing and certification costs.

I think I am enjoying Linux too much to go back full time :)

The second file on that page I can't seem to move, don't have permissions.

How do I do it?

Just have to use sudo (kinda like admin for Windows). So ...
Code:
sudo cp starting/path/for/libaacs.so.0 /usr/lib64/libaacs.so.0
Just change the first part of course based on where you downloaded it to (or cd to the folder in terminal 1st then you can just do ...
Code:
sudo cp libaacs.so.0 /usr/lib64/libaacs.so.0

Thanks, I believe it worked. Don't have time to test until I come back from work.

And I knew it was sudo, just not sure how to do the rest. Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back