Anybody Know Whats Up With Morpheus?

T

Tenacious Mark

My morpheus isn't workin. Anybody know what happened to it. Musiccity seems to be shut down.

I've been reading some message boards. it just seems there must be a router or such down in some areas. the musiccity webpage is down but i'm on morpheus and downloading right now :)

i just formatted and installed my xp back.. i went to morpheus's site in order to download it, but it says users limited... its kinda server's overload, thats why im using KaaZa now.. its just the same

Isn´t KaZaA and Morpheus using the same network?
I use KaZaA myself and I see a lot of Musicity users there.

Lets ask around: Wich one is the best KaZaA or Morpheus?

they are on the same network.. and there both the same...all good lol i use morpheus but i used kazza for while also lol so thers no diff .

also iv received a msg that says my morpheus version is too OLD to dl ROFL wtf is up with that.. maybe theres a new version and there down to modify their network for that ones... just my 2 cents lol

It has been my opinion that while Kazaa seems to work a little better then Morpheus, it is also prone to sneaky spyware installs every time you upgrade it. Morpheus seems to take the stance of not using or supporting spyware. But since most of them in some way sneak in spyware of some kind, take that with a grain of salt.

My pick has been Morpheus for the Gnutella network (which also includes Limewire and Grockster) and WinMX when Gnutella gets slow or I am looking for a higher bitrate then what Gnutella supports.

I to have received the "Your version of Morpheus is too old to connect to the network. Please download updated version from www.musiccity.com". However, there is no new version listed on their site.

Anyone know what's up?

I just found this posting on www.neowin.net forums...

"Here is the scoop from morpheus now since kazaa updated to version 1.5 they have disabled morpheus users. Along with that they are having another server problem and this will be resolved shortly they say. For more information you can open morpheus and go to chat. Or log on with irc chat.musiccity.com port 6667 group 01 then goto room #musiccity"

does morpheus and kazaa use the same servers? i mean if you can get the same files thru either?

Yes they use the same servers and you are able to get the same files through them.

Fortunately for me I can finish my downloads by just copying the Db files from Morpheus (C:\program files\Morpheus\Db) into KaZaA's Db directory (C:\program files\KaZaA\Db), and it continues my downloads! :)

lol travis thats what i did..downloaded kazaa and set them to both dl files to the same folder and it did resume the morph download thru kazaa...

Merger

Why don't MusicCity and Kazaa just merge. There is practically no difference between them, besides spyware, but thats not a biggie.

-- Same network

-- Same downloads

-- Same .dat files

-- Relatively same features, speed, and ease of use

-- A merger would make it easier for "Morphazaa" to fight the
record labels

-- No more picking and choosing

-- dash dash

-- I have a 17" monitor (15.9 viewable)

-- My neighbors' names are the Josephsons

official word is kazaa upgraded to 1.5 and also applied some small changes to the fasttrack protocol when they did this. it inadvertantly locked morpheus users out, musiccity is going to release a patch ASAP to make them compatible again

The latest word from MusicCity.com is that the new version of Morpheus will be available in a couple of hours. Well, let's wait and see.........:rolleyes:

IT WILL NEVER STOP AMAZING ME that anyone will use kazaa, filled with hard to remove, bandwith stealing, privacy invading spyware....LOOK, morpheous is honest, doe not have spyware, and with the patch, just as pervasive as kazaa.......................nobody gets it.

Now they are charging the users money to use it so...
Morpheus is being sued (including grokster and kazaa)

Thanx for the link man! When there is more people creating p2p apps, the court can't do nothin' about it! There will be too many companies for them to sue! lol :D

why do you use that piece of cRap

WIN MX is so much better than that crappy morpheus or kazaa..

it never faults me and has a good bandwidth.

ALL of you should use WIN MX

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back