any1 selling DDR RAM ? (256MB PC2100?

the_music_man

aka prodj88 =P
any1 selling it? i don't care if its new or used, as long as its in good shape. I prefer kingston 256mb pc2100 RAM.........

I've got Micron 256mb PC2100 DIMM and a Micron 512mb PC2100 DIMM I'm trying to get rid of. My supplier has PC2100 new for cheap too if you want the name, I think they ship.

http://www.memoryexpress.com/

In Canada though.

/note
Kingston 512mb PC2100 for $119.95CAD---- $90.28USD
They are selling PC2700 for the SAME price though...

I'll give you a good price on mine, say half the cost of retail? So, about $100CAD, $75USD for both DIMMS (Micron Original PC2100 768mb)?

You gotta pay for shipping though.

Bought the 256mb about 3 years ago, and the 512mb about 2 years ago. Both have been running at 133Htz, CAS 3 for about 2700 hours in that time. Well cooled, motherboard temps are around 20°C. The actual chips are both CAS 2.5.

I have my eyes on these thats why I'm trying to get rid of my old memory. ($279.99)

It aint kingston but.......

I got 2 chips, 128 MGb each PC 2100 DDR
Apacer.
Both were used for 1 week only, I pulled em out of a new Alienware machine cause I upgraded to 512 MGb right away, my motherboard can only take 2 chips. (which sux)
Anyways, if interested make me an offer

If you can handle the $34 outlay until the rebates arrive Compusa is running an add for $10 for a PC2100 CL2.5, 256 MB stick of Kingston this week. I picked one up for a friend. Torture tested it and it ran an hour burn in at CL 2.0 with no problems.

(Wait, no I meant for myself. For a friend might be illegal under the terms of the rebate...)

out of curiosity... why is it kingston that you need ?

:confused:

i like to have all the same RAM brands so I don't get like an incompatibility issue between the RAM sticks. its happened to my cousins before when he had like crucial and nanya in his system or something like that!!

oh and thanks Leejend! I'll have to check Compusa out! I love that store.

prodj88 said:
- same RAM brands so I don't get like an incompatibility issue between the RAM sticks -

Yeah, thats a good idea. Even between different quality/size sticks in the same brand.

Mixing different RAM qualities could cause efficiency problems, or other problems such as: if you were to say set it up incorrectly in CMOS and for whatever reason one DIMM was PC2100 and the other PC3200 and the SPD set both to 400Hz with a CAS of 2, you could burn the other chip or at the very least cause stability errors.

chaos945 said:
Mixing different RAM qualities could cause efficiency problems, or other problems such as: if you were to say set it up incorrectly in CMOS and for whatever reason one DIMM was PC2100 and the other PC3200 and the SPD set both to 400Hz with a CAS of 2, you could burn the other chip or at the very least cause stability errors.

why in the world would u put pc2100 and pc3200 in together, kinda hardware ignorant if u do something like that, dontcha think?

Well not everyone knows these things, I doubt that everyone here is a comptuer tech or atleast savvy.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back