Any1 have troubles with Gigabyte 8KNXP Rev 1 Mobo?

D

Daniel Rossi

Hi Everyone,

I recently purchased a Gigabyte 8KNXP Rev 1 Motherboard and it installs win xp pro fine so to say but when u reboot for the last time and its sposed to play that choppy movie saying windows xp and would you like to register, what account names u want etc it doesnt play that movie, alot of programs like virtualdub, divx, xvid dont work properly, my sound blaster audigy drivers dont install properly etc anyone got any ideas on what would be causing all this?

Ive tried brand new ram, old ram friends ram of all different types to no avail ive tried different hard drives, video cards, tried things in different places to see if it has something to do with the irq settings ive tried changing the bios setting and all to no avail, one minute verything works and the next min it doesnt want to work.

If you need any more info feel free to ask me

I know what the problem is

Hello Daniel,

I do not normally use forums but i feel sorry for you :p as i work for a computer firm in Perth and we got 4 of those boards in 3 weeks ago and we were having trouble with them ever since, One stuffed up the intel CPU (dont ask me all i know that it did), one rebooted and turned off when it suited itself and the other 2 installed xp okayish soo to say but we noticed the little things that didnt happen which was supposed to like you did and ever since then we (my company i work for) have seemed to find that absolutely anything hardware or software that is revision 1 you are asking for TROUBLE!

Your best bet is to see if you can get your motherboard swapped to the revision 2 board as soo far (touch wood) the rev 2 works fine

I hope this help you out

Regards

Michael Pavolinovich

thanks

Thanks for your info by the way what type of cpus were you using?

they were 3.0ghz, 2.8ghz and 2x 2.4ghz all 800mhz FSB CPU's with hyperthreading, and it was one of the 2.4's that blew up! the motherboards were at their default settings and everything possible was set to auto.

thanks for your help michael i really appreciate it :)

Sorry if its obvious but have you (auto) installed the mobo drivers supplied with the board ??

it doesnt matter now i did install drivers that came with the mobo n off the net but none did ne good

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back