ANY way to hack a firewall?

W

wassup_ken

is there ANY way to hack through a firewall? i want to know if i'm safe, i heard someone talking about being able to hack a firewall, i knew it wasn't possible....right?

Any bit of prtection can be broken... It just depends on how much someone wants to do it...

Here's my thoughts: If someone has the know how and skill to get into my computer pass the firewall hten why is'nt he hacking into a database with Credit card info or something else valueble?!?

The biggest holes in your firewall, generally, are the ones you put there. There are tons of programs that have some form of virus hidden that connects to a server of some sort, be it IRC, a given IP, etc. and sits idle until it's told to do something. Often this is used to "hide" an IP when someone is doing something illegal, and can often route through several machines, or your computer may be used in a DoS attack.

These attacks are prevented if your firewall is not one-way, meaning it allows any outbound connection, but not an incoming. The failure in this situation arises from the fact that this trojan initiated the connection.

Any other opening in a firewall is generally either put there manually or is the result of bad code. But no matter what, never fool yourself into thinking you're secure, unless your computer is completely cut off from a network. And it's as simple as that. The same, obviously, goes for virii as well.
/Lactic

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back